France Football accuses Qatar of bribing votes for the 2022 World Cup

Paganinisrvnge

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/inte...of-that-qatar-rigged-2022-world-cup-vote.html

France Football claim the votes of Issa Hayatou and Jacques Anouma from the African Football Confederation (CAF) were purchased for $1.5 million each.

Also in 2010, Qatar spent $1.25 million to secure the four votes from FIFA’s African executives. In addition, the then-French president, Nicolas Sarkozy, asked UEFA president Michel Platini to support Qatar’s bid for “geopolitical reasons.”

France Football reckon that Sarkozy and Platini then met with Qatar’s Crown Prince Sheikh Tamim Bin Hamad Al Thani to discuss Qatar giving French football a little something back in return and, lo and behold, skip forward a year or so and the Qatar Investment Authority are purchasing 70% of Paris Saint-Germain.

Paganinisrvnge

I've always thought this was the case as the U.S. and some of the other bidders had MUCH better bids. Qatar doesn't even have any proper stadiums as of now. Hopefully they are stripped of the world cup and it is given to one of the more qualified bidders.

89Norcal

Deplorable if true. I know Qatar, like many Arab nations, has some very beautiful cities and rapidly growing economies due to oil and gas, but DAMN is it gonna be hot, lol. Not the place that came to mind when I thought of a nice summer vacation for the World Cup.

B

beautifulgame

Lolz young ones quick to denigrate anything non-European. European football has been corrupt for a long time, take a look at your leagues. Sure, this was probably rigged but don't act as if this isn't a common practice in established football institutions.

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
The heat isn't that bad, though as someone who was born in a country where the average summer temperature is above 40 degrees, I shouldn't be part of this conversation :lol:

But still, is every non Arab/African suddenly going to get heatstroke or something?

Banana-Rama

Lolz young ones quick to denigrate anything non-European. European football has been corrupt for a long time, take a look at your leagues. Sure, this was probably rigged but don't act as if this isn't a common practice in established football institutions.

common practice? please provide some examples (aside from the italian leagues)...........

Paganinisrvnge

Not sure how anyone could think this is a good place to host a world cup. It isn't the fact that it's an arab country that is bad; it's moreso the fact that they are planning on playing games in stadiums that don't exist....in cities that don't exist yet.

abual3bed1

Not sure how anyone could think this is a good place to host a world cup. It isn't the fact that it's an arab country that is bad; it's moreso the fact that they are planning on playing games in stadiums that don't exist....in cities that don't exist yet.

The world cup in Qatar is 9 years away from now, do you understand what does '9 years away' mean ??

And talking about the heat, how hot was it when USA hosted the world cup back in 1994?? I believe the final game was held in 43 degrees and that's the average in Qatar during world cup time.

Last edited:

King Leo

Banned
Qatar will buy anything with money. I personally can't stand them but seeing how my beloved club is funded by Qatar is a painful reminder how something so ugly can touch even the most beautiful things in life.

89Norcal

The world cup in Qatar is 9 years away from now, do you understand what does '9 years away' mean ??

And talking about the heat, how hot was it when USA hosted the world cup back in 1994?? I believe the final game was held in 43 degrees and that's the average in Qatar during world cup time.

It can get far hotter in Qatar, over 120 degs F.

9 years sounds like a long time but if the venues structures do not even exist yet, there's till the issue of planning, construction, infrastructure, security, and logistics. It's a monumental task. Brazil were behind schedule just last year.

I'm sure we'll get the regular hosting controversies that happen with every WC or the Olympics. But I guess if anyone can get it done, it's the leaders of these Arab nations. Doesn't seem like they have to clear as much red tape.

Guardian

I previously backed the decision for Qatar being World cup hosts, but now I've realised what a fool I was. We're talking about country that has applied the Sharia law and the conservative wahhabi culture. A country that has imposed stoning as sanction for women who are "unfaithful" and women's rights are very, very limited. A country that is one of the main supporters of radical islamist groups in the Middle East such as Al Nusra in Syria, whose members basically kill Christians and Alawis and commit ethnic cleansing. Qatar is a country that did not tolerate any different religious institutions until 2008 when they allowed few churches to be build, but without symbols and bells. In the meantime they are spreading radical fundamentalism all across Europe. A country that de facto is an absolute dictatorship covered as absolute monarchy owned by one family, and they are without even a constitution and with very limited freedom of speech.
I'm ashamed that a Qatari group is Barca's main sponsors. Seriously. This is painful for a secular fan like me who adore freedom of speech, gender equality, tolerance and democracy . :(

Hopefully they will get stripped

And yep, I'm saying that as half an Arab :( which is even more painful

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans