France Football accuses Qatar of bribing votes for the 2022 World Cup

DB10

Quelle surprise!

The World Cup should travel the world and be hosted in the Middle East but Qatar....should host it in Iran. :party1:

onzeXI

The world cup in Qatar is 9 years away from now, do you understand what does '9 years away' mean ??

And talking about the heat, how hot was it when USA hosted the world cup back in 1994?? I believe the final game was held in 43 degrees and that's the average in Qatar during world cup time.

Are you seriously comparing the weather in the US to Qatar?

onzeXI

Imagine if the Brazilian and Argentinian women show up in their typical outfits to cheer on their teams in Qatar. :tata1:

Crixus

Imagine if the Brazilian and Argentinian women show up in their typical outfits to cheer on their teams in Qatar. :tata1:
Qatar isn't Saudi Arabia :facepalm: foreigners can do whatever they want there unless its nudity or gay acts (Not allowed) just like (UAE ,North Africans countries ,Lebanon , Jorden )

Jenks

Qatar isn't Saudi Arabia :facepalm: foreigners can do whatever they want there unless its nudity or gay acts (Not allowed) just like (UAE ,North Africans countries ,Lebanon , Jorden )

Just don't expect any kind of justice if you get ***** over there. You're more likely to get locked up than the perpetrators.

Kerrybai

What will homosexuals do during the World cup? Will they be allowed to hold hands with their partners? Fifa have admitted that handing them the World Cup was a mistake due to the heat and now we have fresh bribe allegations... my best is the US or Australia will get the 2022 tournament.

Kerrybai

I would like to see Australia get it. The game times might be a bit brutal though.

True although to be fair I have fond memories of Keane vs Germany at 9am in my school hall back in 2002.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2014/06/03/uk-soccer-fifa-qatar-investigation-idUKKBN0ED1MR20140603

FIFA investigation into Qatar 2022 to report within weeks

(Reuters) - The fate of the 2022 football World Cup could be decided within weeks after the man leading the internal investigation into how Qatar won the right to host it announced on Monday he would complete his probe next week and report back in July.

Der Kaiser

Hopefully Australia gets it. Qatar doesn't deserve the tournament.

+1 Australia is crazy into sports, football isn´t as big as rugby and cricket but I think a World Cup would draw a lot more attention to it. Plus they already have some great stadiums and the weather is very nice during our summer (their winter). I think the only downsides are the distances between the large cities and the country only having about 20m population... but they´d sell the tickets in no time, all the asians would fly over.

And finally, it would give me another reason to go over there, absolutely in love with the country.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I would like to see Australia get it. The game times might be a bit brutal though.

The timing issues are the only obstable but you do what you gotta do to watch it. Im gonna watch as many matches I can in the Cricket WC being held there and in NZ next year. Hopefully my team can replicate the 1992 heroics although not very likely.

onzeXI

Yeah, right. http://en.tempo.co/read/news/2014/0...Bans-Tourists-from-Wearing-Leggings-in-Public

Qatar Islamic Cultural enter launched a campaign to remind female tourists not to wear leggings, miniskirts, sleeveless dresses and short or tight clothing in public. Men are not allowed to wear only shorts and singlets. "If you are in Qatar, you are one of us," the campaign state. Qatar is one of strict Islamic countries. The campaign was launched to educate tourists to dress modestly in preparation for the 2022 Football World Cup the country will be hosting. A large number of pamphlets have been spread across the country.

tikitaka

i really hope it won't be in Qatar. the country has nothing to do with football, it will be weird. plus they screwed football in many levels with their money.

Home of Barca Fans