Post 2009 Barca vs 2005-06 Barca

Which is the better Barca side?

• 2005-06

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Post-2009

Votes: 39 95.1%

• Total voters
Which team do you think is better? I don't know myself, since I didn't really watch football that much back in 05-06 :p
From what I've heard though, post-2009 takes it easily.

Last edited:

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Post-2009. 2005-06 Barca played Oleguer in the CL final. And conceded goals left right and... actually mostly right when Oleguer played.

DennyCrane

Post 2009 and not even close.
Although 05/06 had a Dinho in god-mode, Iniesta still had some hair and the rise of this little argentinian genius fellow really began then. I also liked Sylvinho a lot for some reason.
Then again, there were players like Oleguer in that squad, not to mention the crown-prince of total-football van Bommel. The overall-play in 05/06 wasn't nearly as refined as post 2009 or 08/09.

Last edited:

Birdy

No debate really..
It is not barcelona from 06 to now..
It is pre- and post- Guardiola Barca..
His arrival is the landmark for everything.. Look at how helpless and unable to influence games were Xavi, Iniesta and even Messi before Pep.

Fourteen

Monster Masch
No doubt that post 2009 is the better team, probably by some distance.

The better question would be which team was/is more entertaining (Was there a poll like that?). I think I'd probably go for 05-06 if that was the case. I watched them so much and Ronaldinho on form was the definition of footballing joy.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
2009 team was more consistent. 2005-6 probably more entertaining.

The 2009 team would beat the 2005-6 team 7 times out of ten. Iniesta, Xavi, Messi are all better in 2009 so that would be the main difference.

footyfan

Calma, calma
For me, Post 2009 team is both better and more entertaining/beautiful to watch.
Messi and Iniesta > Ronaldinho (in terms of watching - I'm not a huge fan of flair)
Busquets > everybody

jamrock

It more difficult that being made out, yes this team has iniesta,xavi and mess I in their prime,but that team has dinho,eto,o and deco in theirs, plus messi,iniesta and xavi, if everyone where fit for both teams.

Vv

Balletti-marquez-puyol-gio
..................edmilson
.......xavi...?.....................deco
Messi.......eto'o....dunno

Plus,larsson,iniesta,guily,milito,van bommel

Vv

alves....pique...puyoo..abidal
............busquets
.....iniesta........xavi
Pedro....messi....Vila

Sanchez,cesc,Alba,

This team is more organize, but as far as pure talent, the old tea probably edges it, pep would be the difference

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
It more difficult that being made out, yes this team has iniesta,xavi and mess I in their prime,but that team has dinho,eto,o and deco in theirs, plus messi,iniesta and xavi, if everyone where fit for both teams.

Vv

Balletti-marquez-puyol-gio
..................edmilson
.......xavi...?.....................deco
Messi.......eto'o....dunno
Dinho

Home of Barca Fans