FCB Quotes

MarkYaeger

I couldn't find a thread like this, but seeing all the wonderful quotes in everyone's signatures, I thought we should have a thread just dedicated to quotes about Barça, its players, coaches, methods, etc. If there is a thread, disregard this. This dawns on me every time I head Ray Hudson commentating a game - everything out of his mouth is gold, especially regarding FCB! I'll post some to get started

"Mop-up work from automaton, Iniesta. The illusionista just pops up like a ghost out of the fog."
- Ray Hudson, Barcelona v. Sporting Gijon, 3 March 2012

“He could make an onion cry.”
- Ray Hudson on Lionel Messi, Argentina v Switzerland

"The gods around Footballers’ Heaven are looking down and saying, ‘It doesn’t get any better than that."
- Ray Hudson, Barcelona v. Sporting Gijon, 3 March 2012

"No need to gild the lily when it’s been delivered by those botanical feet of Messi. What a ball, what a pass!"
- Ray Hudson, Barcelona v. Valencia, 8 Feb 2012

"Magical feet. Hunger. They pay him a king’s ransom. It means nothing; once he’s out on the field with the ball he’s a young boy again."
- Ray Hudson, Barcelona v. Valencia, 8 Feb 2012

My personal fav:
Phil Schoen: If there was no Guardiola, if there was no Barcelona, Emery might be thought of as the the best young coach in Spain.
Ray Hudson: Yeah, but if there was no Barcelona, why would you get out of bed in the morning?

BarcaOG

Banned
Ray Hudson is a legend.

The only thing better than his barca praise is when he chirps and corrects Phil Schoen. :lol: :lol: priceless

Cule4life

The Culest
"This man should absolutely be in the hall of fame for vampires, Messi. Slipping out like an eel covered in Vaseline"

Ray Hudson on Cesc's poor finish, "It's neither a shave or a haircut. If it's a haircut, it's a Marge Simpson one"

Home of Barca Fans