khaled_a_d

Full Name : Joseph Fabrice Ondoa Ebogo
Birthday :24.12.1995
Place of birth: Yaounde
Height: 1,85
Nationality: Cameroon
Position: Goalkeeper
Foot: right
He is probably the highest rated GK in the youth ranking ,so I thought may be it is time to have his own thread

F

Flavia

casillas played in 17 years old

So? Ondoa is too young and inexperienced. He hasn't even played for Barça B yet. He's one for the future, if he keeps developing as he is. And no one wants to repeat the Bojan fiasco.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
I've only seen the nextgen series games, but he was far from impressive there. Him being our first team GK is a laughable idea right now. He's not ready for Barca B yet.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
casillas played in 17 years old

If Ondoa really does have talent, then training and progressing in the youth teams for a few more years can only do him good. At age 17 he still needs to develop. He'll have his chance in the first team if he is good enough.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
There's a lot to like about him and I've seen him several times in the past year...but as has already been mentioned, it's far too premature to think this is a VV heir...Let's see how he does with the B team first...He's probably at least 3 seasons away from getting a shot with the first team, assuming he progresses in that time

Good reflexes, smart, good with his feet and actually very adept passer

Blach

How would it be, if we bought Reina, and first of all gave him the job as keeper, but also as a mentor for Ondoa or one of the other guys? What would you guys say about that idea?

F

Flavia

Bojan is a bad example to use all the time when talking about 17 years old kid,I mean Messi played at 17 too remember?every player is a different case ,each club is & coach are also different ,I think Bojan was hurt most by coaching changes as Pep was a coach preferring players to stay until they are around 20 b4 promotion to 1st team in opposite to Rijkaard philosophy ,plus Bojan is so mentally weak and never tried to develop physically either
I by no means want Ondoa to be first team GK next year,but we don't have a good GK in B team ,so I would like seeing in second division next year,if he proves ready for second division we might promote him to replace Pinto and may be fight for the first choice GK with the new GK we sign
And may be if he is really good that could influence the decision with the new GK as we might prefer a cheap veteran one to replace VV until Ondoa develp
Messi is the worst example, as he is one of a kind and won't be repeated. And it's not me saying that, but Barça coaches and directors. That's why they're taking it slow with Deulofeu.

How would it be, if we bought Reina, and first of all gave him the job as keeper, but also as a mentor for Ondoa or one of the other guys? What would you guys say about that idea?

If we want an experienced keeper, we should go for Lloris, though he'd definitely be expensive. And that Ondoa guy is really young, he won't be starting for the first team for years. I still think Ter Stegen's the best option. I say get Ter Stegen, and once Ondoa's about 20, start loaning him out. If he ends up better than Ter Stegen (or whoever we buy to replace Valdes), then give him the number 1 spot. But again, that won't be happening for years, so a young keeper is a good idea. And I can't really think of a veteran keeper who's at Barca's level who we can realistically get.

Last edited:

Barcadub

Played the full game for Cameroon in the African nations qualifier.

0-2. Clean sheet

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans