Fabrice Ondoa

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Would be an incredible move for him if they intend to actually sign him to their first team. He's quite a solid keeper.

Would be an idiotic move on his part considering that Atleti have both Oblak and Moya. However, I think he might consider leaving (to another club that actually needs a gk) considering we have Bravo,TS, and Masip in the first team and Suarez and Ortola to compete with him at the B team level.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Would be an idiotic move on his part considering that Atleti have both Oblak and Moya. However, I think he might consider leaving (to another club that actually needs a gk) considering we have Bravo,TS, and Masip in the first team and Suarez and Ortola to compete with him at the B team level.

+1

If he want to go to a team where he might get a chance at the #1 spot some time in the future then Sevilla might be a decent choice(Sevilla everywhere lol). Their first goalie Beto is 32 while Barbosa is a liability.

They could offload Barbosa and then you have Beto, Ondoa and Sergio Rico. In a couple of years if things go well for him then it will all be between him and Rico for the #1 GK spot. Two talented GK, but with Ondoa already getting a few matches for Cameroon, he might have some advantage there.

DonAK

That being said, the best thing for him right now is getting regular playing time.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
That being said, the best thing for him right now is getting regular playing time.

I haven't been keeping up with the B team lately; is Ondoa getting a few games? I'd imagine Ortola is the starter, since he's the most senior among the goalkeepers.

DonAK

I see. Maybe a loan spell ought to be on the cards for Ondoa then?

I would have liked to see him play for Barca B this season, but that doesn't seem likely atm, so who knows. I reckon he'll go to Africa Cup of Nations after impressing in the couple of games for Cameroon so that along with a call-up for the tournament will surely catch some teams eyes.

Tonykross

I would have liked to see him play for Barca B this season, but that doesn't seem likely atm, so who knows. I reckon he'll go to Africa Cup of Nations after impressing in the couple of games for Cameroon so that along with a call-up for the tournament will surely catch some teams eyes.

Why is Ortola even starting in front of him ?

zanela

One of the most talented young goalkeepers we have. His standout moment was when he saved all the penalties and took the winning penalty in a shootout in a youth cup final once. I also rate Jose Suarez as better than Ondoa.

I'm aware of Inaki. But the only video footage one can find of him is that shoot-out. Evidently, penalty-saving is his forte, but does he excel in other areas of G.Keeping?

If he's indeed the real deal, he can succeed Bravo in a few years time.

Come to think of it, with Ondoa, José Suarez, A.Onana and Inaki in our ranks, the german acquisition is looking more and more like a business decision rather than a footballing one.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I'm aware of Inaki. But the only video footage one can find of him is that shoot-out. Evidently, penalty-saving is his forte, but does he excel in other areas of G.Keeping?

He's considered to be the best Spanish keeper in his age group, but that's all I know.

We also have Dennis Otto, a 6' 4" beast of a German gk, in the same age category as Inaki.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans