Marquinhos

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
The injury could stunt Muni's development but if he does end up improving a lot, I'm all for it. I just hope he gets playing time.

IMO, we should get Hummels and maybe get Marquinhos as a backup (probably eventual starter) and to create competition in the defense, if we could get him cheap (around 10-15m).

desoe

Speaking of the devil ...

barcastuff ‏@barcastuff
Barcelona have made a written request for Roma centre back Marquinhos (18). They would be willing to pay 25M. Roma don't plan to sell. [cds]

barcanuck

I don't think it's a good idea to bid on him, we have Bartra who knows our system and is Catalan already. What's the point of risking some 18 year old Roma defender?

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
You mean because he is 18? Madrid bought Varane at 17.
Or you mean because he plays for Roma? Marquinhos only needs to follow Aldair's and Cafu's footsteps.

F

Frejsgodes

I don't think it's a good idea to bid on him, we have Bartra who knows our system and is Catalan already. What's the point of risking some 18 year old Roma defender?
It's called upgrading. He's better than Bartra.

barcanuck

Seriously I hope I'm proven wrong, but Serie A players are hit or miss when it comes to us importing them to our system. They are over glorified to be better than they actually are by the club presidents not to mention over priced.

Even legends like Zambrotta, Thuram, Ibra and now Sanchez all struggled here. Anyway, hope this kid is not the next Henrique

Yeah, 25m for an 18 year old is too much. He's an exciting talent, so if we could get him cheap (about 10-15m), we should try to get him to add depth IMO. However, he shouldn't be our starting CB yet.

Btw, if we do sign him, I hope he doesn't turn out like the last 2 Serie A players we signed :p

Home of Barca Fans