Marquinhos

Wallace

He will be in "prison" until 2024.

"According to 'RMC Sport', PSG will soon make official Marquinhos' contract renewal, until June 2024. The Parisian club will gift the Brazilian regular first time football in Tuchel's defence."

Newcomer

He will be in "prison" until 2024.

"According to 'RMC Sport', PSG will soon make official Marquinhos' contract renewal, until June 2024. The Parisian club will gift the Brazilian regular first time football in Tuchel's defence."

Thank you for putting that in brackets.

This expression has always made me laugh. Marquinhos left Roma for PSG (money + sporting reasons) and he was right as he is now a regular in the national team. He renewed again and is about to sign another renewal but PSG is a prison according to dumb haters. Same thing with Thiago Silva and Verratti.

However, i think he is getting too much money and too much importance (he is the next captain) compared to his performances. He is a good player but he hasn't reached the level i was hoping he would get. Thiago Silva is miles better than him still at his old age.

Sailor Mars

I don't trust these skinny, shy personality CBs to be the leader of a backline and be the best player of a defence. Varane(even though he is WC winner and 4xCL winner etc.) and Marquinhos both have not lived up to the potential I thought they had.

Newcomer

Isn't he a CDM these days?

He is. Mainly because our squad wasn't balanced last season and we only had Verratti as a defensive midfielder. He has adapted there and is used in this position to give cover to our defence because our forwards, especially Mbappé, aren't the best at tracking back and defending and our full backs are terrible.

However, there is also the fact that the Marquinhos-Thiago Silva pairing isn't that good. They are worse than the sum of the two players. Thiago Silva is indeed the only world class CB in this team and Marquinhos suffers a lot against physical forwards. This is what prompted Kimpembe to become a starter (he is a physical beast and like the duel) while he is prone to terrible mistakes.

I don't really know if he will go back to CB when Thiago Silva leaves (he is out of contract in the summer and the club has still not sent any proposition despite his loud wish to stay at the club) since it might be important for his future in national team. And i don't really know if he should keep playing as a CDM if we actually buy talented midfielders (we want Tonali and are interested in Camavinga).

He is still a better CB than the guys we bought recently though : Kehrer and Diallo.

I like the guy and i like the fact he is very attached to the club but i really don't see a future world class player in him. Just a good player.

Messi983

EOLlBxqWsAA8hoT.jpg

Newcomer

Because he was already on huge wages compared to a lot of players. This renewal means he will get an improved salary while he was not one of the best players either.

I like the guy and he is faithful to PSG but he isn't a world class player and will prolly never will be while having top CB/CDM salary and being touted as next captain.

Andresito

Staff member
Hasn't he improved a lot lately? Looked like a solid leader in these City games. His body is lean but it's not noticeable when he's playing. Maybe there's hope for Eric Garcia.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Hasn't he improved a lot lately? Looked like a solid leader in these City games. His body is lean but it's not noticeable when he's playing. Maybe there's hope for Eric Garcia.

Marquinhos is rapid though unlike Eric.

BBZ8800

Yes.
The only player besides Mbappe and Navas who has impressed me at Psg.

Neymar, Verratti and others are overrated.
Di Maria is a horrible hot and cold turnover machine.

Home of Barca Fans