Hi from Germany

Corb

Special 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...
@ Deco
Not all Germans support the NT, there are actually quite some people who are against it, don't let the mass hysteria on pictures convince you otherwise. Personally, I am always rooting for England, and only support Germany if Mertesacker is playing. Against Spain in the WC, Germany played crap and deserved to go out against Spain, and that header was a beauty :D

Really? Why? Separatism?

loozy

No, just an irrational dislike of Joachim Löw, Philipp Lahm and the DFB in general. Plus, it's something to moan about ;)

Me, I've never particularly cared about the German NT and during 2006 I was studying in Ireland, so the crazy wave of patriotism did not catch me; like I said, I root for Germany depending on the player :wub:

Last edited:

loozy

I guess it is. I just never felt a connection to the Nationalmannschaft, even though I was old enough to know about the meaning of winning the world cup. But from 1996 onwards, aged 13, I started rooting for England (about the same time I started supporting Liverpool & Arsenal). Once Mertesacker popped up on the scene, I started to root for him but whenever he is not playing, I am just watching the match with my friends, making fun of the mistakes the players make (and then console my friends once Germany loses :D).

Home of Barca Fans