LFP vice president claims there is match fixing in La Liga

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
This happens in all leagues.
Don't know why you guys are surprised.

This is true, similar to doping, everyone knows it's there, that it's rife in the top leagues and top teams, but no one says a thing. I have seen way too much dodgy stuff in my time watching football.

P

PhilS

If Liga games have been fixed, they would involve teams with the lowest pay scales. And they likely would be meaningless games. Like some of the games this final week that do not have any bearing on relegation or European positions.

All the players at teams like Barca and RM earn so much that throwing a game would be extremely unlikely. Slightly more conceivable would be a fix for something other than the result of the game.

rafals

These are some serious accusations out there, I certainly hope that it means that the right people will finally punish the ones who are guilty. What makes me curious is if RM had something to do with corruption, because it honestly was suspicious, Not only for me, but also for my "non-barca" friends. Although all those RM-favourising ref mistakes were spread throughout the whole season so it might not be as obvious as some of this season's cases that are more believeable. I'm still not sure about RM myself.

Home of Barca Fans