Barcelona Commitment Card

Breninal1978

Hello,

I live in Wales (UK) but try and get out to Barcelona whenever possible for games. As I don't meet the criteria to become a member of the club I was wondering if anyone had any experience of the 'Commitment Card'? I have read what it says on the offical FCB website but could someone explain to me what the benefits are? Thanks in advance.

Tembbi

Hello,

I live in Wales (UK) but try and get out to Barcelona whenever possible for games. As I don't meet the criteria to become a member of the club I was wondering if anyone had any experience of the 'Commitment Card'? I have read what it says on the offical FCB website but could someone explain to me what the benefits are? Thanks in advance.

There's not much to explain. The commitment card actually does not grant you any useful benefits. You'll get some welcome packages etc. but you don't get to buy tickets at member prices, nor get to purchase tickets sooner than public for big games and definitely not get to vote. Basically it's just three years of waiting to become a member, and that's what you pay for.

DennyCrane

There's not much to explain. The commitment card actually does not grant you any useful benefits. You'll get some welcome packages etc. but you don't get to buy tickets at member prices, nor get to purchase tickets sooner than public for big games and definitely not get to vote. Basically it's just three years of waiting to become a member, and that's what you pay for.

The membership is not guarenteed though, the only guarentee is that you can apply for membership after those 3 years. The club will only consider the application in line with general requirements laid down in the club statutes. And that is the only "benefit".

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
It's a whole lot of BS. I am still raging that they changed the way it worked.

Breninal1978

Cheers for the info. I think I'll give it a miss. Other than Liga Clasico's I've managed to get face value tickets for every other game (including Chelsea CL semi) so I'll stick with that.

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
Cheers for the info. I think I'll give it a miss. Other than Liga Clasico's I've managed to get face value tickets for every other game (including Chelsea CL semi) so I'll stick with that.

Yeah, unless your someone who gets to go to Barcelona often then it's not worth it. I had just managed to save enough money to become a club member when they changed the rules, so as you can tell I am not amused. I have no intention of paying over 100 euros a year to be treated like a second class supporter.

Breninal1978

Currently I get over there about 5 times a season but I don't think it's worth the commitment card/membership fee. What did they change?

XaviMessiGirl

I had just managed to save enough money to become a club member when they changed the rules, so as you can tell I am not amused.

Same happened to me. :lol: And it's even harder for me to get over there often because I'm in the US and it's so expensive to fly to Europe. eh I've gotten over it though, I mostly just wanted to be a club member for the principle of the thing, being a part of a club I love. Since I can't afford to go to Barcelona very often anyway, the actual benefits wouldn't have been used much in the first place.

I remember soon after they changed the rules, they were talking about doing some secondary form of membership that removes some of the benefits (voting, ticketing, etc) but you still get to be a club member. What ever happened to that? Or did that just morph into the commitment card - which isn't the same thing I'm talking about? It's like how some clubs have an international fan card membership option for foreigners who can't get to the city but still want to support the club by being a member.

Currently I get over there about 5 times a season but I don't think it's worth the commitment card/membership fee. What did they change?

Before Rosell took office, everyone all over the world who could afford the fee could become full-fledged soci. Now, you have to go through the commitment card process which means going to the Camp Nou, getting it, then going back to Camp Nou for 3 years to renew it, then they've seen you're "committed" and they give you full-fledged soci membership.

The main problem for mostly foreigners, is that you MUST do all this at Camp Nou, which means trips to Barcelona around the same time each year for three years, if you can't do it you can't be a soci.

Povikas

Brandon
So if you're up for it to travel to the Nou Camp 3 years in a row just to renew the card, then presumably you're committed enough to be a full-fledged soci?

Tomchin

That's not correct, when you buy tickets with a commitment card, it's at member prices.

Home of Barca Fans