Barcelona Commitment Card

Valdivia

I've been a soci for 4 years now. Being overseas, I always get my new membership card later than everyone else, I miss out on most of the Barca magazines or get them a month or 2 late.

Tomchin

Anyone with a commitment card who's become a soci yet? July next year the 3 years of my "commitment" will have expired, so then in the december 2015 I'll be able to apply for membership.

However, from what I read before, it's not guaranteed that you'll get your membership-card, anyone an idea what they base their decision on?

Gaudi

How do you get commitment card online, I read that you must pick it in Barca office...or I read something wrong?

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Can someone post some sort of "How to become a member 101" and walk through the whole process in plain English? I found the info on the club website a bit confusing.

So you need to be a "supporter" first and wait three years before POSSIBLY becoming a member? How do you become a "supporter"? I am so far, far away from Barcelona, I will make it there to apply in person or to pick up the card, but I won't be there to enjoy any perks and benefits but I don't care.

Alarcón

I was in Barcelona many times but don't see myself going just to get a card. Can I at least renew it online if I make the trip?

Unfortunately, you have to go there every year for three years to renew your card until you can apply for actual membership. They even set a specific time frame where you have to renew it AFAIK.

Tomchin

Unfortunately, you have to go there every year for three years to renew your card until you can apply for actual membership. They even set a specific time frame where you have to renew it AFAIK.
Indeed, you have to go there to renew each year between June 1 and October 30, which kinda sucks because between June and end August there're almost no games in Camp Nou.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
What do you find confusing about it?

It only says you have to go there to apply for the supporter's card in person and it is good for three years, it didn't mention anything like what you guys have been saying, ie. you have to be there physically to renew it every year etc.

And it really helps that the support's card page is incomplete. ;)

Galning

1) Normal ways of becoming a member:

- One of your parents is a member.
- One of your grandparents is a member.
- Your official life partner is a member.
- One of your siblings, your partner's siblings or your partners parents is a member.

----> You have to prove this through a photocopy of your ID or your actual ID plus the ID or a photocopy of the ID of the member. You also have to proof through a legal document that you are indeed official family of one another.

2) Other way of applying for membership

- Your "special" membership application has to be accepted by the board. From what I can tell this is an exceptional rule they created to allow people to become members without having to use the Commitment card. So it's probably for celebrities and other rich douches :lol:

3) Commitment card

If you don't have any family ties with a member, you are not best buds with Bartomeu, you are not under the age of 15 or you haven't been a member for more than 2 years in the past, then you have to buy the Commitment card. Commitment cards can be purchased, in person, at the OAB offices in Barcelona.

According to them a Commitment card offers the same advantages as a full membership besides the following three:
- Firstly, you cannot vote or attend the General Assembly.
- Secondly, you will not be able to buy tickets earlier or apply for tickets for finals.
- And thirdly, you cannot buy a season ticket for Camp Nou or Palau Blaugrana + you won't be able to put your name on the waiting list for a season ticket either.

The card costs 136.50 euro every year (membership cards are annual so they don't cover a football season).

You have to renew your Commitment card every year, in person, between June 1 and October 30. Once you have done this for 3 years, you will be able to apply for a full membership.

Home of Barca Fans