Eric Abidal

frog-fcb

So if its true that abidal has retired from.playing an has accepted a job here does that mean our board hadnt treated him as bad as we all thought

F

Flavia

Éric Abidal announces retirement

www.fcbarcelona.com
12/19/2014 15:38

“Now I just want to rest and enjoy being with my family and fiends”, said the former FC Barcelona player
Asked to name a highlight from his career, he picked out his comeback against Real Madrid in the Champions League

On Friday at midday, 35-year-old Éric Abidal announced his retirement from football at a special conference called in the pressroom at his current club, Olympiakos. “This is a very important moment in my career” said the Frenchman. “I have made the decision to officially end my career.” A regular in the Barça defence for six seasons, Abidal explained that his decision to hang up his boots was for personal reasons.

Joined in the pressroom by the director of sport at the Greek club, Christian Karembeu, Abidal also spoke about his plans for the immediate future. “I told the Olympiakos president that I’d give everything for the club until December. From now on, I want to rest and enjoy being with my family and friends. I have received offers to work at FC Barcelona and also Olympiakos, but I have time to think things over and choose what’s best for the people I love.”

Asked to pick highlights from his career, he replied that “the time I made my comeback against Real Madrid was one of the greatest moments of my career. For me, football was a way of forgetting my illness. My objective was to play again. And coming back like that was an emotional winning a title, if not more.”

Éric Abidal donned the Barça shirt from 2007 to 2013, scoring two goals in 193 matches. In that time, he won two Champions Leagues, four Ligas, two Spanish Cups, two Clubs World Cups, two Spanish Super Cups and three Spanish Super Cups. In 2011, it was revealed that he had a liver tumour, and in 2012 he underwent a transplant.

So he didn't accept to work for FCB yet... I hope he does, in the end.

amircule

Let us never forget !!
933fea41e7b8546db6ba58c127e8a893.jpg

khaled_a_d

So he didn't accept to work for FCB yet... I hope he does, in the end.

That was expected tbh ,many players would want such rest after retirement .specially if he had to fight cancer in it .
I would have been surprised if he decided to work immediately after the retirement

Home of Barca Fans