ABIDAL_copia.jpg

Details:

Name: Éric Abidal
Position: defense
Place of birth: Lyon (France)
Date: 11-9-1979
Height: 186 cm
Weight: 75 kg

Improved a lot since last season. He was saying last season that his performances in Barca are worse than his Lyon`s because inferior training.
Could it be that he was right all along?

Currently injured but could be back this weekend.

barSELOna

I'd not like to see him at Barca.His defence is very good but his attacking was poor until the last 4 matches.Barca has changed and Abidal too.Thx Pep !

barSELOna

Lyon interested in Abidal return

French sports paper Le 10 Sport claims that French champions Olympique Lyon are interested in Barcelona left back defender and French international Eric Abidal (29).

The French champions would like to bring their former player, who also received offer from the English Premier League, back to France during the winter transfer window next January.

With Abidal, who left Lyon for Barcelona in the summer of 2007, performing well since the start of this season, the Frenchman feeling good in Barcelona and a presumed transfer fee of at least 10 million euro°, a return to Lyon seems nevertheless not very likely.

B

Bardh

Re: 22 - Eric Abidal

Kind of picked himself up well from last year's catastrophe.

M.L. King

The Preacher

Yeah there has been some improvement but still a long way to reach his old form.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member

Any updates on his recovery? They sad few weeks ago that he`ll be fit for Sevilla game?

FCBNOF

Momo un Bello Uomo

Glad he's doing well with his recovery, i feared he'd go under the knife then we would have gone for another LB come january, although Caceres has done enough to prove he can cover for against sporting.

Evil

Shabazz

Did a great job tonight, really kept Joquain under control. Now our defense line is back to normal again, Abidal is the correct balance.

M.L. King

The Preacher

His best performance since playing for Fc Barcelona; at least for me. Joaquin looked like a lost child beside him.

IraqiCulé

Although what he is saying is true, it's none of his business. How did Pep allow him to say this stuff to the press?

roll

Tryin` to be hated
OMg, wtf is he doing. This is so stupid of him. I hope Benzema doesn`t read goal.garbage:lol:.
He should get fined for this;)...

Evil

Shabazz
Abidal said a few days ago then he´s considering an early retirement. When he´s contract finishes with Barça at 2011, he could retire, according to him to doesn´t feel his body is responding as well as before, and in football some players can play upto 40 or just 31 like Sagnol did.

Why is all what he says to the press have something negative in it ?! He was never a fun guy for me, always negative or cold. I don't know if its just me, but when I read an interview with Piqué and one with Abidal, the diffrence is HUGE.

Home of Barca Fans