Eric Abidal

serghei

Abidal is incompetent.

Don't need to say more. At least Robert despite some of his bad signings had his transfer windows planned beforehand and knew what he wanted. Abidal just seem clueless and random.

Have a feeling this upcoming summer window will prove to be a major disaster and set the team further back.

Of course, after Messi and his PR work on Neymar basically instructing the board to get him, we will sign him. :lol:

Until this board and the veterans are put back on their place we will continue to suffer.

El Gato

Villarato!
Braithwaite transfer raises the 'obligatory Barca penalty fee' for any future transactions to 40M.

Lol, this club. Wonder how much will Neyboy cost.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
It means people will like you even less than they already do and hike their fees because you take advantage of relegation candidates mid season.

I was asking what the 40m "obligatory penalty fee" was, not asking for your moral judgment or opinion of this deal.

Yes it is unfair to Leganes and I wish we had't done it for all sorts of reasons. But the rules are to be blamed, more than us for sure.

El Gato

Villarato!
I was asking what the 40m "obligatory penalty fee" was, not asking for your moral judgment or opinion of this deal.

Yes it is unfair to Leganes and I wish we had't done it for all sorts of reasons. But the rules are to be blamed, more than us for sure.

What, rule existence is to be blamed instead of Barcelona having no professionalism or moral compass and just saying 'well, if it's there, can't blame us, we don't care you might get relegated if we buy your topscorer'?

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
What, rule existence is to be blamed instead of Barcelona having no professionalism or moral compass and just saying 'well, if it's there, can't blame us, we don't care you might get relegated if we buy your topscorer'?

So you have no idea what that 40m was and you posted it anyway? What the hell.

Yes we share some blame but we didn't do anything illegal or unethical, did we?

Don't tell me your fucking club will not take advantage of any existing rules that would benefit them...

El Gato

Villarato!
So you have no idea what that 40m was and you posted it anyway? What the hell.

Yes we share some blame but we didn't do anything illegal or unethical, did we?

Don't tell me your fucking club will not take advantage of any existing rules that would benefit them...

The 40M was an expression for what I explained above. It wasn't meant literally. Pipe down bro.
That's not to say people indeed won't hike fees. Because they have been taking advantage of your shit negotiators and now they have even more reason to do so.

It kind of is unethical to a neutral supporter who only sees a rich team robbing a poorer team of their best player without the ability to reinvest the money they get. It is not illegal indeed. Up to you whether exploitation is your mojo.

And no, 'my fucking club' has a rep of professionalism as expressed by many many parties in previous transfer deals, including our own city rivals. The dodgiest thing we did in the last 10 years was the Lopetegui hire and that is only seen as dodgy, because the boo hoo Cules within the squad were worried he wouldn't remain impartial and by the president who has since sold the Super Cup to Saudis and remains a contentious figure among numerous parties to such an extent that Iker Casillas is going to run against him lol.

Last edited:

KingLeo10

And no, 'my fucking club' has a rep of professionalism as expressed by many many parties in previous transfer deals, including our own city rivals. The dodgiest thing we did in the last 10 years was the Lopetegui hire and that is only seen as dodgy, because the boo hoo Cules within the squad were worried he wouldn't remain impartial and by the president who has since sold the Super Cup to Saudis and remains a contentious figure among numerous parties to such an extent that Iker Casillas is going to run against him lol.

Impartiality to Cules (whatever this means as I don't remember it being cited a reason anywhere) aside,

do you really think timing the hire in the midst of a WC campaign was a smart decision?

El Gato

Villarato!
Impartiality to Cules (whatever this means as I don't remember it being cited a reason anywhere) aside,

do you really think timing the hire in the midst of a WC campaign was a smart decision?

What was the reason then lol? Rubiales flapping about saying Real Madrid negotiated with the coach behind the Federation's back? So what if they did if he were to step down after the tournament not in the middle/before it? The assumption and implication here, supported also by for example Xavi who sounded off on it in the same way, is that he negotiated with a 3rd party and spoke to players of the said club, and his decision of agreeing to take a job impacts the choices he makes during the tournament and/or preparation for fixtures if he is also to think about summer RM transfers & future in his new job.

And yes, it is 'selfish' of Madrid to approach a man who should be focusing on something else other people are counting on and giving him something else to think about. That's the only thing I could agree to is a bit dodgy. Not that the alternative of going without a manager or blowing the media off by telling them 'they're looking for options' until mid-July was too attractive, which I think anyone can appreciate.

Call me crazy and let me ask you - how likely do you think it is that Lopetegui would be guilty of prioritising RM players/transfers over the WC duties when he has vested interest in Spain performing as well as they bloody can? Because he built the damn team and was pretty successful with it?

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Of course, after Messi and his PR work on Neymar basically instructing the board to get him, we will sign him. :lol:

Until this board and the veterans are put back on their place we will continue to suffer.

Cannot blame Messi wanting Neymar back after the big money transfers Dembele and Coutinho turned into a dud. Neymar at Barca was a great player that helped Messi on and off the pitch.

Obviously they shouldn't listen to him blindly and it would be better if we get a new board before the summer, but they're so clueless that I don't blame Messi for wanting proven quality at the club.

Instead of actually improving the team these idiots manage to make it worse.

Messigician

The 40M was an expression for what I explained above. It wasn't meant literally. Pipe down bro.
That's not to say people indeed won't hike fees. Because they have been taking advantage of your shit negotiators and now they have even more reason to do so.

It kind of is unethical to a neutral supporter who only sees a rich team robbing a poorer team of their best player without the ability to reinvest the money they get. It is not illegal indeed. Up to you whether exploitation is your mojo.

AHAHAHAHA I cannot take this trolling serious. Everything about Real Mqdird is unethical, all the way from the Frank administration threatening to kill our players if they didn't lose the final all the way to the modern era of illegal sponsorships and stadium hedge fund laundering.

Real Madrid's success is based off favoritism and corruption.

Home of Barca Fans