Eric Abidal

Devils

Out of Zubi, Robert and Segura, this guy is by far the worst Sporting Director we've had. And we've had some terrible ones as of late.

How he goes about managing these transfers after and leaves this team in ruins after being apart of he greatest Barca teams of all time during the pinnacle of this club's history is beyond me.

behindbrowneyes

I'm not really a fan of him since he has no notable experience. We don't know if selling/loaning some players were his decisions though. Maybe it was an economical decision by the board which is not his fault.

Andresito

Staff member
It's usually like this with the sports management.

It's either:
"we need someone who has lots of experience in his area, he doesn't have to be someone from Barca"

or

"these guys don't know shit about the club, bring in Barca legends who knows what makes Barca successful"

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
People whined about every sports director from Txiki to Abidal.

We should stop the tradition of appointing former players for a business position.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Txiki's signings were mostly good. He had a few flops here and there, but so does every SD.

Abidal is not only awful because of his signings, but because he says stupid shit all the time too.

That said we've had like three or four SDs and Pep Segura since 2010. Most of the blame should be on Bartomeu and the rest of the board.

Txiki was the SD/Director of Football for 7 years under Laporta. 7 years.

It's clear that this lot in the board have no clue about anything to do with football.

Last edited:

Messigician

❗ News from the Barça camp, per SER Catalunya's @SiqueRodriguez last night: Éric Abidal no longer feels protected and is burned out from the constant pressure and being in the spotlight. As for Setién, him staying with Barça will depend on the results, reports SER.

LABarcaFan

People whined about every sports director from Txiki to Abidal.

We should stop the tradition of appointing former players for a business position.

I hope after this board goes down, we will change that wrong tradition. E.Abidal has absolutely no knowledge to do this job.

Last edited:

DonAK

Might be the worst SD in club history if he actually pulls off the deal we're reportedly trying to push.

Pjanic for Arthur

De Sciglio for Semedo

Rugani for Todibo

mc_lovin

Take a deep breath. Dont jump at every rumour.

I never understood how this type of media stories have any significance, but seeing how headless and agitated people get it kind of makes sense.

DonAK

I never understood how this type of media stories have any significance, but seeing how headless and agitated people get it kind of makes sense.

Because

1. It's fun

2. Juventus SD confirmed they're in talks with Barca about player swaps and Arthur put out a statement saying he want to stay at Barca when it's reported Barca and Juve want a Pjanic-Arthur trade, besides both Italian and Catalan reporters reporting about a possible Pjanic and De Sciglio for Arthur and Semedo swap.

and

3. What else are you going to do on a forum when there's no football going on?

Vilarrubi

This ones just funny though.. whether it’s true or not can’t help but comment on it.

Imagine going into a season with Roberto/De Sciglio as your two RBs :lol: :lol:

Home of Barca Fans