Eric Abidal

FCB-Michael

Mack the Knife
No matter how we feel about it, I think we`ll change both of our left side players. There was an article on how Barca will go for a LB and LW.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
No matter how we feel about it, I think we`ll change both of our left side players. There was an article on how Barca will go for a LB and LW.

I actually hope that we will get a new LB. But they should keep Abidal as a backup, both for the left side but also for the central spot. Have you guys noticed that he actually plays better as a central defender than on the left?

Who would you like to see on the left side? A more attacking winger kind of player like Alves, so that we can open up the left side a little bit? Or would that be to offensive even for Barca standards and leave us vulnerable?

Evil

Shabazz
We should get a LB who´s a good defender but also poses a threat in attack. Someone like a mixture of Abidal & Sylvinho ... Sergio Ramos type of player :smile:

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Been eating any of those mushrooms lately? Jankulovski? :smile:

But seriously, I can`t think of any either :$

maz

I walk the line
I actually hope that we will get a new LB. But they should keep Abidal as a backup, both for the left side but also for the central spot. Have you guys noticed that he actually plays better as a central defender than on the left?
I disagree...i think he is better on the left. He cannot man mark well (cant remember the last time he battled a player for a header and actually won the ball. However he is a great recovery defender (chasing a player and winning the ball) and when u have wingers attacking down the wing thats very important.

Been eating any of those mushrooms lately? Jankulovski? :smile:

But seriously, I can`t think of any either :$
Exactly why we should keep abi. Well..apart from the fact that i really rate him u have to be careful what u wish for. There are so few good LB's out there that u have to be content when u come across one that is at least half decent. There are more dud LBs out there than solid LBs. In my opinion anyway

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
I disagree...i think he is better on the left. He cannot man mark well (cant remember the last time he battled a player for a header and actually won the ball. However he is a great recovery defender (chasing a player and winning the ball) and when u have wingers attacking down the wing thats very important.

Exactly why we should keep abi. Well..apart from the fact that i really rate him u have to be careful what u wish for. There are so few good LB's out there that u have to be content when u come across one that is at least half decent. There are more dud LBs out there than solid LBs. In my opinion anyway

You're right. Decent LB's are hard to find. And I agree that we should keep Abidal and only have him as a backup for CB. But I also like Lahm (or somebody like him) to come in for Barca. Yes, he doesn't have the strenght or the aerial abiliy as Abidal (even though you say that he hasen't won a header for centuries), but he have the speed and workrate. And Lahm would definitively be a lot better when attacking.
I've seen Abidal fail with the simplest passes and put his teammates in difficult spots because he can't read the game.
It would be really nice if we could connect our left winger (who that might be in the next season) with our fullback/defender. Like when Bronckhorst and Ronaldinho played on the left flank. Sure, we have that on the right flank (even better than Bronckhorst/Ronaldinho) but it would be good to have that on the left side as well. Henry/Iniesta look very lonely on the left side.

roll

Tryin` to be hated
I really started to like him and then he receives this injury. But I am sure Sylvinho will do as good as Abidal.

Home of Barca Fans