Eric Abidal

adil_909

:facepalm: And here I was, thinking that today's performance would kill the stupid idea that Abidal would spend hundreds/thousands of hours in training just so that he could make a few cameos and retire. On a team where the 2011-2013 version of Pique is our first choice CB, Abidal will be more than good enough.

exactly. no way he worked his ass off to get to this point just to retire at the end of the season. hope the club officials have more sense than some of the posters here and respectfully offer him a contract extension. he has deserved every bit of. we can easily do a ryan giggs type contract being renewed yearly until he's ready to retire and accept an ambassador role.

Michael

It thought his defensive performance last night was arguably the best from any of our defenders all season! Maybe that doesn't say a lot right now, but still...

I can't see why we wouldn't offer him 2 years more, and I think he might even have a role to play against Bayern. Not all players 'expire' at the same time, and Abidal looked hungry and and amazingly fresh considering what he has been through.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Great performance that fans were thrilled to see again but keeping it in perspective, he was hardly tested on the night...It was Levante, not PSG...The talent & ability to play on this level is still there which should be a comfort to all of us but I can't imagine he's fit enough to play more minutes so soon...I am sure the medical staff have a strict program for his re-integration into first team football which includes working him into the rotation slowly...Shame though, a month earlier and I wouldn't be at all concerned about our defense against Bayern

abual3bed1

:worthy:

I missed the feeling of being fully confident about one of our defenders on and off the ball. He's always a step or 2 ahead of the strikers.

Pepe Silvia

Sorry but you just don't get rid of a guy like Abidal. Even at his age and with his sickness, he has still recovered to come back and play some strong football. His footballing intelligence paired with players like Puyol, Mascherano, Alba will get us back on track defensively. We have to keep him.

Y

Youngie

Sombrero is a hat with a high dome. It refers to a high arching pass to oneself over an opponent's head.

l.jpg

Yeah I know what Sombrero's are :lol: Thanks for the explanation pal

CatalinR10

It's not going to happen, Tito wants at maximum 22 players next season, As much as it hurts me to say this, But there is no place for him anymore, He can no longer compete at the high level and standards barcelona need.

Did Tito say he wants a maximum of 22 players ? Anyway I would rather keep him and sell someone else. You say he cannot compete at the high level Barca needs but still he was MOTM last game. I don't remember when was the last time someone in our deffence played such a good game and was as calm as him when he had the ball. I don't care it was against Levante , he was a beast. I'm not saying he should be starting every game but we need a guy with his experience and skills in our deffence.

Home of Barca Fans