Mauro Icardi

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
I rate him very highly. Some damn great finishing on both his goals against Roma tonight. Would take him all day over the current Suarez.

Xaviniesta

This guy is too clinical. I heard he has like 81% shot accuracy. Problem is I don't think his wife and kids would want to come to Barca, they seem to love Milan. Also, Icardi is has the captain's armband and is already a legend in the making at Inter

Last edited:

El Flaco

We should go for him, but Benzema have nudies of Perez and Zidane, so it wont happen.

Benzema is still a much better player than Icardi who also would be a terrible fit at Madrid's current system anyway.

The guy is an excellent poacher, but that's it.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Shot accuracy simply means that 81% of his shots were on target. Not sure if you are mistaking it for "shot conversion rate".

I don't know if that stat is true, but 81% is simply outrageous. I reckon that most top strikers have 50-60% shot accuracy.

Yannik

I don't know if that stat is true, but 81% is simply outrageous. I reckon that most top strikers have 50-60% shot accuracy.

It kinda depends which chances you take and which not, it's easier in some teams that create chances differently. I don't know if I would really put a great meaning into this.

Morten

Benzema is still a much better player than Icardi who also would be a terrible fit at Madrid's current system anyway.

The guy is an excellent poacher, but that's it.

We have plenty of creators, heck, even our lb is a playmaker, We need goalscorers, not more playmakers.

Messi983

I prefer Icardi, younger and a pure 9

That's a problem since we currently don't play with a pure 9. I think Griezmann would fit us better with Messi as false 9 that EV is using since he can play more on the wings as well. Not saying he'd play as a pure winger like Neymar has (I think EV would also use him more centrally this season if he'd stay but that's just based on preseason games) but he'd be better there than both Icardi or Suarez.

Also, I don't see Icardi and Suarez compatible and there is no way Suarez will leave or that we'd pay 100M for Icardi to warm the bench.

So while I'm not crazy about paying 100M for Griezmann (who I like as a player) I think he would be the best option from the proven worldclass players if we'll go that way. But first I think we should wait and see how we'll play when Dembele will return and (hopefully) Suarez will find his form again. Now Valverde has to compensate for both so playing Messi as a false 9 was the best move but we don't know if he'll really stay there longterm.

Home of Barca Fans