Mauro Icardi

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I wonder how he'll do at Barca. Although Segura said those who left won't return so perhaps not a chance of that happening :thinking:

Would prefer the club sign a striker in his prime rather than another project.

Last edited:

soul24rage

I wonder how he'll do at Barca. Although Segura said those who left won't return so perhaps not a chance of that happening :thinking:

I think barca sees icardi as one of the candidates. according to different reports, Firmino is probably the one the board wants to sign to replace suarez later on. But since i think suarez will be a starter until at least the end of 2019/2020, firmino will be turning 29 in 2020 and i'm pretty sure neither he nor suarez wants to be on the bench. Plus Firmino's contract runs till 2023 so he'll be expensive. Not sure the club ever signed a bit old attacking player for big money.

Icardi, by that time, will be at a great age of 27. Plus his contract runs to 2021, so he'll be cheaper in the summer of 2020. He also spent some time in Barca youth team so he must have some idea of what's expected in this club. There's the possibility that a new striker will pop up in that period, but I think Icardi is one of the prime candidates to replace suarez

DonAK

I think barca sees icardi as one of the candidates. according to different reports, Firmino is probably the one the board wants to sign to replace suarez later on. But since i think suarez will be a starter until at least the end of 2019/2020, firmino will be turning 29 in 2020 and i'm pretty sure neither he nor suarez wants to be on the bench. Plus Firmino's contract runs till 2023 so he'll be expensive. Not sure the club ever signed an a bit old attacking player for big money.

Icardi, by that time, will be at a great age of 27. Plus his contract runs to 2021, so he'll be cheaper in the summer of 2020. He also spent some time in Barca youth team so he must have some idea of what's expected in this club. There's is possibility that a new striker will pop up in that period, but I think Icardi is one of the prime candidates to replace suarez

I think it's important to sign a new striker next summer, in 2019. Suarez has looked much better lately with his overall play, but I don't trust him to keep it up consistently for another season and if we really want those major trophies we need a striker that's more reliable in the CL and with his scoring consistency.

khaled_a_d

I think Icardi won't fall in the "those who left" as I think the club willingly sold him. Thiago/Bellerin etc used buyouts or being FA.
Anyway, I don't think Segura have much power to block deals for such reason.
As for Icardi, I am not sure he would fit here playing in front of Messi, don't like his personality either.
Although I am not sure who could we target atm.

But since i think suarez will be a starter until at least the end of 2019/2020, firmino will be turning 29 in 2020 and i'm pretty sure neither he nor suarez wants to be on the bench. Plus Firmino's contract runs till 2023 so he'll be expensive. Not sure the club ever signed a bit old attacking player for big money.

We already wanted Griezmann to replace Suarez, not sure the club would guarantee him a starting spot if they found a replacement in the market

Last edited:

DonAK

I think Icardi won't fall in the "those who left" as I think the club willingly sold him. Thiago/Bellerin etc used buyouts or being FA.
Anyway, I don't think Segura have much power to block deals for such reason.
As for Icardi, I am not sure he would fit here playing in front of Messi, don't like his personality either.
Although I am not sure who could we target atm.

Apart from Firmino seem to be no one else. No point in signing a striker that need years of development. We'll need a player ready to play at an elite/high level from day 1.

Icardi is a bit of a prick, but so was Suarez in Liverpool who was known for being a mega cunt on the pitch with some embarrassing diving and other antics. I think it's good if it's controlled and the players are not selfish. That sort of fire and combative nature as a striker seem to work well.

soul24rage

I think it's important to sign a new striker next summer, in 2019. Suarez has looked much better lately with his overall play, but I don't trust him to keep it up consistently for another season and if we really want those major trophies we need a striker that's more reliable in the CL and with his scoring consistency.

True, but knowing the team and the coach (EV looks likely to stay for another season) from the outside, I still think that Suarez will be a starter in 19/20. Hope I'm wrong though.

We already wanted Griezmann to replace Suarez, not sure the club would guarantee him a starting spot if they found a replacement in the market

I think the board just saw Girezzman as a great opportunity to sign a quality experienced player like him cheaper than his market value rather than replacing Suarez. could be wrong though.

Morten

Stay away, its we who desperately needs a striker, not you guys.

Morten

you know, I think Icardi would be a better fit for you guys than for us as Icardi is good at getting to crosses and making good movement in the box.

Probably, i dont know how good Icardi is at one-twos compared to being a poacher, as we all know that rule nr.1 for a barca striker is to play one-twos with Messi....just kidding ofc ;)

soul24rage

I know Messi don't like him but Icardi must be one of the best goal scores these days.

I think it's more that Mascherano doesn't like Icardi rather than Messi. There were pictures of both Messi and Icardi together and they look to have a good relationship. Just yesterday, Icardi wished for Messi to return to the NT.

El Flaco

His captaincy was stripped today and Handanovic is Inter's new captain.

[tw]1095648137371439104[/tw]

Icardi was also excluded from Inter's squad against Rapid Inter tomorrow

[tw]1095681832711086081[/tw]

CatalinR10

His captaincy was stripped today and Handanovic is Inter's new captain.

[tw]1095648137371439104[/tw]

Icardi was also excluded from Inter's squad against Rapid Inter tomorrow

[tw]1095681832711086081[/tw]

whose kids did he steal this time ?

Home of Barca Fans