Mauro Icardi

Jombi

With Messi on this position, we need wingers, not pure strikers.

Pure strikers are probably not needed. Icardi should be ignored. I'd like to see us follow Malcom from Bordeaux and Pulisic from Dortmund very closely. Those are the type of players we should be looking at.

RevoTeller

So so clinical...sign him next year if we can't get Griezzman. Icardi has a 110m buyout clause, Griezmann has 100 million buy out clause

Clinical yes, but also he can't stop the ball to save his life. If you don't set him up to score in front of the goal he is totally useless and you almost don't even realize he is playing.

Ciro Immobile and Edin Dzeko are gods in Serie A though.

Exactly. Serie A is so technically poor that in recent years a considerable bunch of average players at best (Icardi included) consistently managed to go past 20 goals per season.

That choker of Higuain destroyed the goal record of Nordahl for God's sake. Just this fact alone should teach everybody a lesson or two on the current value of this league.

Last edited:

El Flaco

We have plenty of creators, heck, even our lb is a playmaker, We need goalscorers, not more playmakers.

Well, so does Benz who usually hits 20+ goals per season while being the 3rd fiddle and doesn't take penalties & free kicks. But that's not exactly his primarily task anyway. Benz's job is to provide link-up between the midfield and CR7 & Bale, pressing, creating space for other players etc. Benzema simply offers much more on the table than just occasionally showing up in LiveScore.

On the other hand, Icardi is an excellent out-and-out poacher with a very clinical finishing. Still, he is a much worse player than Benzema and wouldn't being a great fit unless you completely change the system to accommodate him (which won't happen happen).

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
That choker of Higuain destroyed the goal record of Nordahl for God's sake. Just this fact alone should teach everybody a lesson or two on the current value of this league.

tbf the choker has always scored tons..... His fault though is that he chokes when the stakes are very high!

raki

His release clause is 110M.

Forget Griezmann and buy Icardi to be the real heir of Suarez. 24 years. No brainer.

draconifire

haven't seen him much, but if he's any good and as lethal in front of the goal/box, we should go for him. We have enough creators and 2nd strikers.

draconifire

Care to elaborate?

Him being at la masia doesn't say anything about him as a player. There are plenty of players who came out from there having a low footballing IQ and even not much technical ability. The only thing is he probably knows a bit of the club and its insides thats it.

M

MessiCam

Him being at la masia doesn't say anything about him as a player. There are plenty of players who came out from there having a low footballing IQ and even not much technical ability. The only thing is he probably knows a bit of the club and its insides thats it.

It wasn't supposed to be a knock on the player. Apologies if it came across as such... I just made a statement since people were discussing the possibility of Barca going in for him.

Messi983

Weren't there rumours that Messi (along with other senior players in NT) doesn't like Icardi after what he's done to Maxi Lopez?

Xaviniesta

icardi posted this a while back, i think they're on good terms again
Mauro-Icardi-1139865.jpg

messi_icardi.jpg

draconifire

It wasn't supposed to be a knock on the player. Apologies if it came across as such... I just made a statement since people were discussing the possibility of Barca going in for him.

Appologies if I came across as rude.

What's with Maxi Lopez and him?

Home of Barca Fans