Mauro Icardi

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Has apparently rejected a new contract offer from Inter, as well as sources at the club saying if a good club comes in for him he'll probably go.

XaviMessiGirl

Some are saying he outright rejected it, others are saying it's just part of negotiations. If he does want out though then good riddance because Inter need players who are fully committed.

Leo_Messi

Currently one of the most dislikable characters in the football world. I hope that he stays at Inter for his entire career and they remain this abysmal (trophyless). Would be a match made in heaven.

Can't see any top club that can use him properly. Maybe Dortmund if they give up on Immobile, but I can't recall them ever having luck with South American transfers.

CuleLife4Life

Can you blame him though? Who wants to play for Inter right now, specially when you are young.

I think it should be the opposite. He should stay and be big man on small team for maybe a season or two more. Guy only just turned 22 and plays in a position where players are known to continue on producing until their early to mid thirties.

And for some reason I feel like he'd flop at any top team he goes to at this point.

Chainsaw

Killahead
Mauro Icardi has renewed his contract with Inter until 2019. The striker will make about four million euro’s a season and he will keep 50% of his image rights.

Hopefully that'll put an end to all the transfer speculations.

MaxY

Devil May Cry
Mauro Icardi has renewed his contract with Inter until 2019. The striker will make about four million euro’s a season and he will keep 50% of his image rights.

Hopefully that'll put an end to all the transfer speculations.

Nah, It won't. Many players renewed just before being sold.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
[tw]751482017821364224[/tw]

I didn't know that WANDA NARA is his agent too :lol: :lol:

El Flaco

It seems that Icardi's in a pretty big mess as the Argentine has turned Inter supporters (their Ultras to be more accurate) against him...

Two days ago, Icardi revealed an incident that happened between him and Inter Ultras after Inter’s 3-1 defeat to Sassuolo last year in his autobiography.

“I am angry because I played so little. The fans start to shout: they call us to come over to their section. I find the courage to face them, along with Guarin.

“As I get closer, I receive insults and abuse of every kind. Attached to the netting is a kid who calls me: he wants my shirt.

“Considering his age, he could be my son: I take off my shirt and shorts and throw them to him, as a gift. This kid is in seventh heaven and I am pleased to see him so happy.

“A head of the ultras jumps on him to take away the shirt and throws it back at me. This is when I start insulting him: ‘Piece of ****, you are acting all arrogant with a little kid to show off to the rest of the curva? Do you think you’re hard?’

“In the locker room I am acclaimed as a hero, because nobody had ever faced off that way with one of the fan leaders.”

http://www.football-italia.net/92947/icardi-hero-insulting-inter-ultra

Yesterday, Inter Ultras released a statement in response of what Icardi mentioned in his book and they demanded that Icardi shouldn't be their captain anymore.

“We put our hands up as a sign of surrender. That’s just unreal. The first thing we ask is: why so many fantasies and inaccuracy, why such a squalid fiction? Why? We are disappointed and shocked. It’s a very strange situation, the autobiography of a 23-year-old guy, that would be enought to make us think, you are just telling lies to look smart at our expenses.”

“Icardi is a liar when he describes that meeting after the Sassuolo game and we’d prefer not to remember that day when his teammate wanted to ‘strangulate’ him for his arrogant behaviour towards all the interisti”

“The ‘Curva’ must not be feared, the curva must be respected”

“Nobody has to fear nobody, having integrity and being honest is all that matters. He talks about children, he made up an event to show that he’s better than us, like we are not the only group that does choreography alongside children [during games].”

“Who was there does not forgive how things had really gone and who provoked who. It is pathetic to read some stuff like: ‘How many they are? Fifty? a hundred? Two hundred? That’s fine. Register this message; I want them to hear it properly. I’ll take 100 criminals from Argentina to kill them all, and then we’ll see.’”

“Icardi doesn’t know what the respect is. Something is going wrong in his head. We’ve always wanted to believe that he’s a good guy, young, bit fool like everyone else, but at least honest. Having a laugh on it would be convenient for him. What shall we do now? We can’t act as nothing has happened, because all those false statements written in the book are just unacceptable.”

“We’ve been supporting Inter since before Icardi was even born, Inter is not a bank account to us. How can he say that we should always encourage and support the team also when the team lose? We always do that, we always support the team, regardless the result.”

“There are no excuses, bonuses are over. We don’t want to be understood or accepted, we are Ultras. We are irrational and passionate; we are the heart that gives everything for an unconditional love.”

“Everyone, however, should understand that a person like him can’t wear the captain armband, Inter do not
deserve it. Icardi is done with us. Take the captain armband off, clown, that’s what we demand.”

http://www.calciomercato.com/en/new...ardi-clown-take-the-captain-armband-off-41418

Icardi says he's sorry of what he said on the Ultras.

“Dear Curva Nord, I am surprised and disappointed. Surprised because I’ve said that in Reggio Emilia I lost my head due to the post-game adrenaline. I just wanted to report the atmosphere of that episode, so much so I’ve also added that I had ‘thrown up’ some exaggerated phrases (and the verb ‘throw up’ gives an idea of ​​how inconvenient my reaction was). With regard to the speech of Argentina murderers, I said that because I had found some fanatics out of my door (pleas note: fanatics, not Curva Nord members) I uttered that phrase, but I also said in the biography

I used threatening words against the fans and I shouldn’t have done that." I'm sorry. Sorry for this fuss that has been created, I simply recounted an incident. Besides, if one had a minimum of salt, he would not risk offending his ‘curva’. If I had been in bad faith I would have used catchy words towards you. I did not want to offend or disrespect anyone.

The captain's armband is the realization of my dreams, it is pure joy for me and my family. I am looking for you each time I score goals on Sundays, your hug is the first one I want. I love Inter. Very soon I will come down 'in the field so I can talk nomore. I hope you understand how important you are to me and how much respect you even if you’d decide to boo me. I ask only one thing as a Captain: stay close to Inter as you have always done, I and my teammates need you. With love Mauro”

http://www.calciomercato.com/en/news/inter-mauro-icardi-responds-to-furious-fans-73206

A group of around 40 Inter ultras tried to attack Icardi’s car when the latter arrived home after yesterday’s 2-1 home defeat to Cagliari. They also put up a banner which says: "We are here. Were are your argentinian mates? Will you tell us or are you a bastard like always?"

There's a lot of rumors if Icardi would be stripped as a capatain and Inter confirmed today that Icardi would remain as a captain for them, although he'll get punished.

kattanib

As someone else mentioned, this guy looks like a great replacement to Suarez in the future

https://youtu.be/NPRJs6_faa4

Discuss :)

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans