Mauro Icardi

Barcilliant

😂 So like Rabiot Icardis high profile female agent has made a mess. I'm not in favor of a relative or family member being an agent and especially not a female. I know it's not pc to say this but facts.....

Leo_Messi

He didn't leave for free, he was loaned with option to buy that was exercised, with Zubi once saying it was his (Zubi) decision because he didn't like his (Icardi) behaviour and didn't think he would fit with Messi being false 9 at that time.
The other cases are players the club tried to keep but they left anyway, like Bellerin and that guy in Monaco etc. Icardi wasn't that case as the club could have kept him if they wanted but that was never the case.

I hope you are right and we aren't looking for him at all. don't like the fit, the entourage or the character at all.

That being said, I doubt RM has real interest in him either, Perez is smarter than this and they seem interested in other young strikers.

Left for free = left practically for free which was what I wrote.

I don't think that it changes anything for the board. He left for peanuts. Icardi wanted to leave himself. Sampdoria offered him continuous playing time in Serie B (they were certain to move right up to Serie A) while he had very little chance of ever making it here. If I recall the club wanted him to stay but he wanted out.

We are in total agreement.

BTW quickly found an article from Ole (Argentina) about why Icardi left the club.

https://www.ole.com.ar/futbol-inter...barcelona-historia-juveniles_0_ePfiuc1BT.html

Pretty much confirming what I recalled, namely that it was his choice of leaving as he wanted first team football. The article also claims that he was a bad fit stylistically at Barça. At least for the first team.

"Lo decidimos con mi representante porque el juego del Barcelona era muy diferente a mis características y optamos por cambiar al fútbol italiano, que es el que más se adapta a mí",

"We decided (to leave) with my agent because the style of Barça's play was much different from my characteristics as a player so we opted for a move to Italian football, whose football style is what is most suited to my style."

Last edited:

Devils

Worldclass player but also a worldclass SCUMBAG.

I can only respect such disgusting behavior though as this his man climbed to the top by shattering pretty much every ethical boundary there was to break.

Repulsive human being though!

khaled_a_d

Good article on the Icardi situation by espn:

http://www.espn.com/soccer/italian-...season?platform=amp&__twitter_impression=true

Seems like his wife criticizing the club and teammates made the players against him and isolated him as a player, club felt he can't be the captain when he is isolated from the rest.

Meanwhile he had a heated argument with his sister, who said she wishes to be able to see her brother and nephews and calling out his wife

https://www.foxsportsasia.com/footb...-wanda-nara-inter-milan-real-madrid-juventus/

FCBfan22

Also, Wanda wasw attacked in the last few days.

We will soon be able to compile a list of top 5 worst family members, who are agents.

1. Neymar Sr.
2. Veronique Rabiot
3. Wanda Nara

Newcomer

He didn't leave for free, he was loaned with option to buy that was exercised, with Zubi once saying it was his (Zubi) decision because he didn't like his (Icardi) behaviour and didn't think he would fit with Messi being false 9 at that time.
The other cases are players the club tried to keep but they left anyway, like Bellerin and that guy in Monaco etc. Icardi wasn't that case as the club could have kept him if they wanted but that was never the case.

I hope you are right and we aren't looking for him at all. don't like the fit, the entourage or the character at all.

That being said, I doubt RM has real interest in him either, Perez is smarter than this and they seem interested in other young strikers.

ATM is interesting case, but with Morata going there they might prefer to wait before spending a record signing on Icardi? PSG? not sure tbh but I don't think they need him
Apparently, there was a deal with Juve but the money went to CR7 when he told them he wants to join.

I would see a PSG interest if Cavani were to leave.
Unfortunately, the latter expressed his desire to fulfill his entire contract at PSG and he is quite loved, thus i don't see him being pushed out. He had quite strong suitors over the years, Atletico and Chelsea namely, and they both found their striker with the deal involving Morata and Higuain.
If i were PSG, i would try to cash in on Cavani now that he still has a value and bring in a striker that is more useful in the build up play or i would buy a winger like Pepe and put Mbappé upfront.
However those options seem unlikely and very costly when we have very urgent needs in midfield and fullback positions.

Home of Barca Fans