Barça and Messi appear on 60 Minutes

Sultan

Nosce te ipsum
Barça and Messi appear on CBS - FCBarcelona.com

CBS has opted to focus on FC Barcelona with two features being aired this week. One looks at the way Barça is run and the other looks at Leo Messi, who ended 2012 with a record 91 goals.

On Sunday January 6, ‘60 minutes’, which has been running for 44 seasons on CBS, will be showing a documentary about the success that the club has enjoyed and the way it has been run for so many years. It will be particularly highlighting how 70% of the players have come from the club’s own youth programme.

The show will also include appearances from the likes of president Sandro Rosell, director of sport Andoni Zubizarreta and players Leo Messi, Xavi Hernández, Cesc Fàbregas and Gerard Piqué.

Youth academy nurtures top soccer stars (CBS)

Sultan

Nosce te ipsum
Smart Business Decision: Launch with MESSI

PREMIERE EPISODE: The first edition of 60 MINUTES SPORTS will feature a rare interview with Lionel Messi, the record-breaking soccer player considered by many to be the best of all time. Bob Simon travels to Spain to talk to Messi, an Argentine footballer for FC Barcelona, to interview the man who just broke the 40-year-old record for goals in a calendar year. Messi is only 25 years old.

Messi was already being compared to soccer legends like Pele and Diego Maradona and on Dec. 9 scored his 86th goal of 2012 to break the record set by Germany’s Gerd Muller in 1972. Messi tells Simon he’s hungry for goals and, given his appetite, more records should fall. “I always want more. Whether it's a goal or winning in a game I am never satisfied… I always push my limits. And I always try to get better every day,” says Messi, who has years ahead of him in an already historic career.

Source

Last edited:

BerkeleyBernie

Also will be a segment on tonight's regular broadcast 60 Minutes, 700PM Pacific. Channel 5 in San Francisco.

"The future of newspapers;
IDEO CEO David Kelley's use of design thinking, in which human behavior influences the composition of products;
the unique training system of Barcelona's soccer team."

J

jiopi

That's real quality work, refreshing point of view, loved it.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Nothing revelatory but better than I imagined, tbh...But not the profile of Messi that it was purported to be - apparently that will come this Wednesday on a new series from 60 Minutes called 60 Minutes Sports

I actually found the profile on IDEO more interesting

Sultan

Nosce te ipsum
Nothing revelatory but better than I imagined, tbh...But not the profile of Messi that it was purported to be - apparently that will come this Wednesday on a new series from 60 Minutes called 60 Minutes Sports

I actually found the profile on IDEO more interesting

Consider it to be more of an introduction of the game and Barca to the folks in the States, rather than an in-depth look. The average Americans who follow sports, might have heard of Barcelona or Messi from a small clip on sportscenter and that is about it.

I also found the IDEO piece was fascinating.

Blue Demon

I did find the extra shots and point of views around Camp Nou refreshing. Never knew there was a chapel in the hallway leading to the field.

Cule4life

The Culest
Watched it. Was too dumbed down at times especially the annoying voice stating "This is Messi, This is a goal" but can understand they did it for the Americans who don't know much about soccer.

Never knew there was a chapel in the hallway leading to the field.

I also didn't know about the chapel

Home of Barca Fans