Ronaldinho 05/06 or Messi 08/09

• Ronaldinho 05/06

Votes: 58 47.9%
  • Messi 08/09

Votes: 63 52.1%

• Total voters

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
What did I say? All that you said means that Messi is more effective, which is a point I did not argue against. I said Ronaldinho is all around more rounded because he can still do those things which Messi isn't so good at. Whether Ronaldinho chooses to use these skills and whether they are the smarter choice is besides the point.

Messi's freekicks aren't even close, remember Kazan? Xavi wondered why in the world did he even let Messi take it.

Again, Ronaldinho was 25/26 when he was exceptional at freekicks and long crosses, something Messi has more than enough time to master. At the rate he was going on at the World Cup, he could become a very well rounded play maker too.

hdcantona

United.

Milan are my second team though, so your confusion is understandable.

Yeah, I pop in here every now and again, I only signed up ahead of the 09 champions league final.

gingerless

Don't bring up arguments like this... it's always a matter of preference and this can only lead to nothing but people's worthless opinions (sorry but take a step back, it's the truth) while clearly messi is the better player, the magic, nostlagia feeling etc aside

hdcantona

lol - " don't bring up arguments like this"

"clearly messi is the better player"

and I'll have you know my opinion is far from worthless.

gingerless

well it should be clear pretty much just logically, what's your point? And your opinion not being worthless, what's so great about it?

hdcantona

funny for you to tell everyone to step away from the debate, and then make such a divisive post. I still believe Ronaldinho 05/06 was better, and you telling people to not bring up arguments like this and then joining in on it doesn't make you more right than anyone else.

Nobody's opinion is worthless, as long as it matters to them, and it's quite wrong of you to just declare people's opinions worthless if they don't agree with you, or want to discuss something you'd advise not to (even if you then did it yourself anyway...)

gingerless

I didn't say my opinion was better or anything, maybe i should have said OUR opinions are worthless? (I was thinking it more as us being simple football fans when there are more knowledgeable sources for example)I just meant that it's pointless to argue because everyone have personal opinions over it and I did say messi is better because that's just the way it is if you're being realistic (not my personal opinon but based on stats, trophies etc)

Last edited:

hdcantona

ah, that would make it much better :)

I disagree on the last part though, the trophies won aren't important imo, and the goals + assists don't point to everything (well, they don't cover everything imo) in which case I have a differing opinion to you, but I understand what you mean by saying it's just us as football fans discussing it - though this is an internet forum ,what would be the point if we didn't discuss things like this :p

gingerless

Well yeah, beyond the written stats there's things like how the player helps the team moral and whatnot but that's my point, it's hard to judge and there's mixed opinons over it. But I agree with your last statement, afterall this is a discussion forum, ironically enough my post is also contributing to this so what am I on about.

Anyway I'm confused I think I'll go to bed.

hdcantona

Well yeah, beyond the written stats there's things like how the player helps the team moral and whatnot but that's my point, it's hard to judge and there's mixed opinons over it. But I agree with your last statement, afterall this is a discussion forum, ironically enough my post is also contributing to this so what am I on about.

Anyway I'm confused I think I'll go to bed

haha, good idea - what time is it in australia?

Hamzah

High Definition Member
ronaldinho was just far more enjoyable to watch than messi is. messi is all about effective, even though he has great dribbling and passing, but ronaldinho had the samba football

Home of Barca Fans