Ronaldinho 05/06 or Messi 08/09

• Ronaldinho 05/06

Votes: 58 47.9%
  • Messi 08/09

Votes: 63 52.1%

• Total voters

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
dinho 04/05 was the best player i had ever seen, his goal vs chelski was the greatest FCB goal i have ever witnessed and a close 2nd ineista(funny how both are against chelski :D) and if it were not down to clumsy defending we would have won the CL that year. messi is amazing and clinical and a case could be made definitely for him that he is better but as raed said dinho captivated the world of football with his play and vision with the ball. it comes down to preference no doubt but to me dinho on his day is the best, messi definitely has consistency going for him :D and will go down as a far more accomplished player

NickoH

You see, nobody ever goes in... and nobody ever co
Messi......and he could go on to be the greatest footballer ever, he's that good.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
I've been thinking about this a bit lately, and here's what I've come up with:

Messi is clearly the better player and produces magical moments that leave you breathless (Nickoh is right, he could be the greatest ever) but Ronaldinho in his pomp gave you something different.

Raed brings up Zidane and Original Ronaldo with their instant momentum, and that's a fair point, but others have that kind of ability; Iniesta for example (and Messi is getting increasingly better from a standing start too). it's not what made Ronaldinho unique, it's not why everyone loved him.

it's nothing you can quantify or explain rationally, with logic or empirical data; it's a shared emotion felt between those who watched him play.

I wouldn't call him a Genius, but because that quantifies his greatness intellectually when his strength was spontaneous creativity. pure emotion expressed in magical movement. the end product almost didn't matter, if it came then good, but if not he was so brilliant to watch it didn't matter. it was football for football's sake.

in his prime, more than any footballer I've ever seen, Ronaldinho was an Artist.

Messi used to be an Artist, but the older he has gotten the more he has sacrificed that spontaneous creativity, that magical art, to become a footballer. end product is now the goal. he combines the two better than anybody since maradona; that's why he is the greatest player in the world, but the pragmatism of his pursuit of end product has diluted the purity of his art.

Messi will always be a better player, but that's not the point.

Barcafan 2304

Messi is clearly the better player and produces magical moments that leave you breathless (Nickoh is right, he could be the greatest ever) but Ronaldinho in his pomp gave you something different.

Raed brings up Zidane and Original Ronaldo with their instant momentum, and that's a fair point, but others have that kind of ability; Iniesta for example (and Messi is getting increasingly better from a standing start too). it's not what made Ronaldinho unique, it's not why everyone loved him.

it's nothing you can quantify or explain rationally, with logic or empirical data; it's a shared emotion felt between those who watched him play.

I wouldn't call him a Genius, but because that quantifies his greatness intellectually when his strength was spontaneous creativity. pure emotion expressed in magical movement. the end product almost didn't matter, if it came then good, but if not he was so brilliant to watch it didn't matter. it was football for football's sake.

in his prime, more than any footballer I've ever seen, Ronaldinho was an Artist.

Messi used to be an Artist, but the older he has gotten the more he has sacrificed that spontaneous creativity, that magical art, to become a footballer. end product is now the goal. he combines the two better than anybody since maradona; that's why he is the greatest player in the world, but the pragmatism of his pursuit of end product has diluted the purity of his art.

Well, agree or disagree with that, you have to respect such a logical and well thought out argument. Certainly, its been a privilege to watch these 2 players at Barca

Trequartista

The good
Great Post Meta,Messi could have been a far more entertaining player by now but he concentrated on being a better footballer,maybe bec the team needed him to step up,maybe bec of his central role where there is less spaces,Zlatan,Robinho and Ronaldo are examples of players who concentrate more on entertaining,Cristiano Ronaldo is a superb player but he could have been better if he concentarted more on being a better player not a better player in entertaining fans

Its hard topic to discuss, but in my opinion, Ronaldinho played more nice and provided 'sexy football' but Messi, now, is more effective in the team and has significant role in our success.

Undoubtedly, Ronaldinho had important role, but his goal was showing some skills and amazing techniques up; But as we're seeing, Messi is helping the team more than him!

Anyways, it's my idea and all the guys may have different one.

putogusiluz8

The Pale One
Its hard topic to discuss, but in my opinion, Ronaldinho played more nice and provided 'sexy football' but Messi, now, is more effective in the team and has significant role in our success.

Undoubtedly, Ronaldinho had important role, but his goal was showing some skills and amazing techniques up; But as we're seeing, Messi is helping the team more than him!

Anyways, it's my idea and all the guys may have different one.

Your font looks like it pissed on itself.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie

Word yo.

Similar to what I said about the man, he brought something to the table you just cannot explain. Most people will agree Messi is a better footballer and will end up being regarded higher in history, but Ronaldinho in his best years is something we should all be truly honoured to have witnessed(Messi too, but Ronaldinho's best years even more), cause it's not something you'll see many times in your life.

Last edited:

Catalonian Devil

Shukran Pep

Absolutely spot on

Hamzah

High Definition Member
i will always prefer ronaldinho. no matter how good messi is. ronaldinho brings back a lot of memories of barca from the past.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire

Still, Messi isn't as well rounded as Ronaldinho. If you say Messi is the better proffessional then I'd agree, but Ronaldinho was able to score freekicks, make crosses, long range passes...But, Messi has age on his side and can only get better.

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
Still, Messi isn't as well rounded as Ronaldinho. If you say Messi is the better proffessional then I'd agree, but Ronaldinho was able to score freekicks, make crosses, long range passes...But, Messi has age on his side and can only get better.

free kick... almeria dynamo keiv atletico ik ik not as many as ronnie.. but hasnt taken as many either

llong passes and crosses he dosent do bc A. crosses are wasteful and be prefers the one two quick passes or to take the ball to goal.. long range passes.. again he likes the short one twos.. and isnt really a midfielder

Home of Barca Fans