Samuel Umtiti

RIZALDINHO

It's criminal how little his buyout clause is.

60 million while the likes of Paulinho's is 120? I mean seriously. that's a price the likes of City could pay.

or a price that likes of city psg united milan will pay for him 2 or 3 years if we don't give him a new contract with a higher buyout clause which we should do

Saeed

We are lucky to have him!
Showed quality defending unlike shaky Pique!
For me, he is irreplaceable unlike our other defenders!

dillinja

Lyon got robbed
In a way.
Aulas might be tough to negotiate with at times, but to his credit, he always tries to send his best academy products to their clubs of choice and doesnt try to overnegotiate to enable them to go where they want, like he did this summer with Tolisso or Gonalons for a ridiculous €5M.

Petulant Whiner

wow! it had never crossed my mind! unfortunately, His speed is deff more needed in defense. But if we can get someone as good, then by all means!

How about... move him to left back. The guiy is just as chill and technically gifted Abidal on the ball.

Buy Laporte for the left CB position.

Buy Davinson Sánchez and Mina and make Pique president like in January of next year :rockon:

El Barcelona

How about... move him to left back. The guiy is just as chill and technically gifted Abidal on the ball.

Buy Laporte for the left CB position.

Buy Davinson Sánchez and Mina and make Pique president like in January of next year :rockon:
After retirement, Pique has to wait 2yr's before he can join a new president election... :coffee:

xXKonan

While the idea of moving Umtiti to LB as our new Abidal sounds tempting.

I want him to stay put as a CB and keep developing. eventually I can see him being Pique's successor and being a Real Leader in the Backline when Pique hangs up his boots.

xXKonan

The best thing Robert has done for us by far.

I was prepared for a summer of us painfully chasing Marquinhos but instead Robert got this deal done quick by our standards.

What was he doing in 2nd goal? He still leave a lot to be desired when it comes to positioning

So disappointing and expected. He's played a great game EVEN when accounting for that moment. He was mostly impeccable, amazing in these circumstances, then got rekt once and there you go. :pique1::shakeshead:

Oh, and his positioning had nothing to do with this. His slow reaction time was at fault, and that was a brilliant turn by Benzema.

Last edited:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
What was he doing in 2nd goal? He still leave a lot to be desired when it comes to positioning

I think we jinxed him with that mistake :lol:

As for positioning, I disagree completely. If there's any CB we have that has positioning shortcomings, it's Mascherano. Dude wanders around totally unfocused and unaware of what happens at his back at least 50% of the time, I counted at least 3-4 occasions where he left an open pocket for Benzema to make a run in behind just because he was clueless and not paying attention to what was happening behind him. Too many people, especially on this forum, rave on and on about him because 'mUH Jefecito' even though he's been nothing short of garbage and a total liability for a year now.

Umtiti rarely gets punished for positioning errors and there aren't many attacks that get through because of spaces he leaves open. Even if he makes an error, he's in the right spot to press the man and cover the space. I don't see him making any reckless movements in defense, only what needs to be done.

It's criminal how little his buyout clause is.

60 million while the likes of Paulinho's is 120? I mean seriously. that's a price the likes of City could pay.

It's probably because his wages are really low. 50k/week if I'm not mistaken (half of what Paulinho's earning :lol:). I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the maximum buyout someone can have depends on their wages.

Give him a new contract ASAP. Double his pay and triple his buyout at the very least.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans