Samuel Umtiti

BarçaBarça

If this is true, I'm quite stunned: Umtitis release clase is apparently 60M€, WTF?! Why do we have to make such low clauses - make it 150M, I can't see how he would protest it, when he arrived at his dream-club?

If he continues to be great for us, he would easily be worth 60M in an insane market, and we should do everything to be in charge of selling/letting go of players.

Xaviniesta

:wub:
DKrXVmEW4AA4BPM.jpg

God Serena

Fantastic picture.

Umtiti is life. Future Capita. :)

Unlikely Umtiti ever wears the armband. Unless something drastic happens that's usually something that'll always be reserved for academy players with the way captaincy is given based on seniority.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I could easily see Umtiti getting the armband at some point. He's a very calming presence at the back, shows a great attitude that seems to rub off on others, and generally seems like a great influence. Aleña is a potential captain too, and has captained many sides throughout the youth levels and shows great mentality and leadership.

Captains are voted on by the players and once the current old guard is all gone, Umtiti stands as one of the most prominent squad members that we have at the moment. I hope he starts to take on a real leadership role soon.

Nothanks

the requirement isn't being a youth player

our current captains, Iniesta, Messi, Sergio Busquets, Mascherano, Pique

the youngest being busquets turning 30 next year im sure umtiti if he stays with the team could get captaincy (or might just take priority over busquets who seems so reserved and quiet for a leader)
wasn't he captain of lyon? he seems to have a lot of charisma and effect in the locker room.

kilian

the requirement isn't being a youth player

our current captains, Iniesta, Messi, Sergio Busquets, Mascherano, Pique

the youngest being busquets turning 30 next year im sure umtiti if he stays with the team could get captaincy (or might just take priority over busquets who seems so reserved and quiet for a leader)
wasn't he captain of lyon? he seems to have a lot of charisma and effect in the locker room.

Of all our captains only Mascherano can be called a true leader on the pitch. Iniesta, Messi and Busquets are fantastic footballers, but seriously lack in leadership skills. Pique tries to be a leader, but too often he is the one that needs a kick in the ass to concentrate and perform.

Umtiti could possibly be a good captain in the future, but it`s too early to tell. He definitely earned respect from fans and players in his short time here.

dakt

It was evident from the start to me that Titi is a sweetheart and a stronghold. Very glad to see him making a success here.

jairzinho

Umtiti........23
Mats..........25
Semedo.....23
Ousmane...20
Alena........19

Hope we can land more players like these.
The next 3-4 years will be exciting.
The Future looks good with these guys.

:umtiti:

Kohe321

Yeah, Umtiti is definitely underrated. His calm, hard working and humble attitude has a positive impact on the overall squad spirit as well. He just does his job well without creating any fuzz or drama on or off the pitch, and is slowly but surely becoming a vital part of the overall team dynamic. I definitely agree with what [MENTION=12906]DonAndres[/MENTION] is saying that he could be potential captain material somewhere down the road.

I just hope we increase his buyout soon, because 60m is dangerously low for a talent like him in todays market.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans