Samuel Umtiti

xXKonan

Seems like he’s back to practicing with the full squad? No way he starts against Lyon does he?!?
He wants to but I can't see it. He's been out for so long he's going to need more training sessions with the group to be even considered for the bench.

Maybe the Second leg it's possible but next week? no way.

wisconsincule

He wants to but I can't see it. He's been out for so long he's going to need more training sessions with the group to be even considered for the bench.

Maybe the Second leg it's possible but next week? no way.

Regardless it’s great news that he is back. Hopefully he is pain free!!

Leo_Messi

Wants to have minutes against Valladolid. Will be interesting to see whether Valverde will give him any and whether he would want to risk him. If he won't receive any minutes on Saturday, I can't see him getting any playing time against Lyon on Tuesday. Maybe for the better. Rather go slow and be safe than sorry.

Andresito

Staff member
It was the same story last time when he only played the game vs Atlético.
I really hope his problems are 100 % gone now, but I highly doubt it.

Let's see how long he lasts.

FCBfan22

If he just returned to full trainings, he shouldn't appear against Valladolid. Under any circumstaces. Let alone being a starter. He can play for 10 minutes or so against Lyon, but I would prefer him not to.

Keep him in full trainings for at least 14 days or so. If he is pain free at that point, then we can start easing him back into 11. No more of that he is now fit, straight into starting 11 bullshit.

FCB1987

Banned
Let's hope he can put in a few good performances and stay injury free, so we can offload him to United in the summer

ZerkerXror

I can totally understand why he'd want to play against his former team, but I am not sure if it is a good idea.
Of course it is up to the medical staff and what they think of the situation.

Glad to see him back in training with the rest of the squad though, I've missed that big smile of his! :lol:

i_bleed_blaugrana

I say start Lenglet and if, and only if, we are comfortably ahead in the tie and in control of the match, give him an 80th min cameo sub. That way, you see how fit he actually is and he gets his wish of playing against his former club. I totally get why he wants to play this game, with family/friends who can’t travel to Barcelona all the time now being able to watch you play. He deserves that and the warm reception he’ll get from the Lyon fans but we shouldn’t let that jeopardize our most important objective this season.

It’s just too much of a risk to start him without him having at least a couple matches under his belt in a game of this magnitude. You can’t fuck around with knees and rush returns and there is a particular psychological aspect to knee injuries that a lot of people overlook and I’m afraid Sam might be doing that atm, given the context surrounding this match. For his career’s sake, we have to carefully reincorporate him into the starting 11 and rotate him carefully. With Verm gone, we cannot afford any more losses and a reoccurrence of an injury would spell trouble for Sam.

Great to see him back though and hope he is mainly fit for the Siege of Madrid.

Last edited:

impeh

Hi, its me..
great news that hes back in the squad, but hopefully he doesnt just walk into the starting 11 just because its his former team. If he was close to fully fit i think he'd have played some minutes at the weekend.

Home of Barca Fans