Samuel Umtiti

snowy

His perfectly weighted through-ball at the 13:56 mark (0.28 on the vid) was a thing of beauty. I had to look twice as I first thought it was produced by Iniesta.

Also remember a long ball to ney a few games back (think it let to a goal, not sure). Silly question since he's never played it but do you think he's got the goods to sub as a MF and if not, what would he be missing?
Could try it out at the CL final against Bayern :thinking:

just for fun hehe

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Immense player, very few have ever adapted to Barcelona so seamlessly. On the ball he's probably our best CB already. Pique/Masch are no slouches in possession and can make some great long passes. However Umtiti consistently shows the ability to pass between the lines effectively and start attacks/forward motions simply with his distribution. His through balls are outstanding. He has all the space at the back to execute them without much pressure and his eye for those passes is impeccable. I would wager that his ability to pass into the right spaces helps stimulate so much of our buildup on the left side and contributes to why that wing is so dominant. Samuel, Neymar, and (as of recently) ter Stegen have formed a backbone of crucial players from the younger generation of our squad and will surely be key leaders in the near future, they're already showing those qualities.

It only took a million years but we've finally replaced Puyol.

Now for Alves, Xavi and Iniesta...

Immense player, very few have ever adapted to Barcelona so seamlessly. On the ball he's probably our best CB already. Pique/Masch are no slouches in possession and can make some great long passes. However Umtiti consistently shows the ability to pass between the lines effectively and start attacks/forward motions simply with his distribution. His through balls are outstanding. He has all the space at the back to execute them without much pressure and his eye for those passes is impeccable. I would wager that his ability to pass into the right spaces helps stimulate so much of our buildup on the left side and contributes to why that wing is so dominant. Samuel, Neymar, and (as of recently) ter Stegen have formed a backbone of crucial players from the younger generation of our squad and will surely be key leaders in the near future, they're already showing those qualities.

Now to add Verratti...

hey, a guy can dream, right?

JamDav1982

It only took a million years but we've finally replaced Puyol.

Now for Alves, Xavi and Iniesta...

Now to add Verratti...

hey, a guy can dream, right?

Masch replaced Puyol as a leader and as a player has been one of Barcas best in the past 4/5 years.

If Umititi can be the player Masch has for Barca he is doing well.

behindbrowneyes

Masch replaced Puyol as a leader and as a player has been one of Barcas best in the past 4/5 years.

If Umititi can be the player Masch has for Barca he is doing well.

Agreed.

Masche is our warrior, it is no coincidence that we were fucked hard when he missed that game vs PSG.

Home of Barca Fans