Samuel Umtiti

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
For posting a popcorn emoji? To express humor over a comically dragged out and obvious transfer saga?

Umtiti didn't affect anything, I really don't care about what he did. Over-sensitive to hate him over a sarcastic tweet. Pique on the other hand had an active participation in hurting the club's image. That is pretty low.

Asylum15

I'm guessing Umtiti might have thought Griezmann was coming based of Pique's tweet.

Gerard however, is a fucking cunt for what he's done here.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
For posting a popcorn emoji? To express humor over a comically dragged out and obvious transfer saga?

Umtiti didn't affect anything, I really don't care about what he did. Over-sensitive to hate him over a sarcastic tweet. Pique on the other hand had an active participation in hurting the club's image. That is pretty low.

He obviously had an ax to grind with the club with that gleeful emoji. I don't understand how a player could or should enjoy seeing his own club losing face.

I'm guessing Umtiti might have thought Griezmann was coming based of Pique's tweet.

Gerard however, is a fucking cunt for what he's done here.

Not so sure about that at all. Pique posted with several popcorn emojis and Umtiti responded with his own popcorn emoji, you normally don't look forward to something positive with popcorns

Asylum15

Not so sure about that at all. Pique posted with several popcorn emojis, you normally don't look forward to something positive with popcorns

Don't you? I would imagine if you saw Pique's tweet in isolation it suggested he was looking forward to something, accompanied by popcorn.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Don't you? I would imagine if you saw Pique's tweet in isolation it suggested he was looking forward to something, accompanied by popcorn.

I seriously don't. If Pique had posted some champagne emojis I would have probably thought that he thought Griezmann was coming.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
He obviously had an ax to grind with the club with that gleeful emoji. I don't understand how a player could or should enjoy seeing his own club losing face.

That's hardly his fault. The club makes itself lose face with all these grand guarantees of star players only to fail to handle things appropriately and professionally. Umtiti didn't influence Griez to make the video or enable it in anyway. He just made a comment, a harmless one at that.

He wasn't reveling in the misfortune of Barca. Just making a joke over a saga that created a lot of hysteria and theater. If they can't manage to sign players they promised to and let us succumb to these embarrassing public failures then I don't see how Umtiti making a tweet makes any difference. Far too small of an expression to draw any conclusions about his 'intent' or ulterior motives.

Joan

I have the same feeling as Asylum regarding the tweet. But Umtiti probably knew he wasn't coming. They play tohgether and are probably together as we speak.

Sorin

Let's be real here. Some of the players don't give a rats ass about FCBarcelona. They mostly care about money and fame. If they perform on the pitch like they should, I couldn't care less what shit they pull. The problems arise when they phone it in. Like Pique the last few years and Umtiti after January.

Umtiti will bounce back, I'm sure. Pique seems to be more interested in his business endeavors at this point, so hopefully we can buy de Ligt or any other promising CB and phase his ass out in the next 2 years.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
That's hardly his fault. The club makes itself lose face with all these grand guarantees of star players only to fail to handle things appropriately and professionally. Umtiti didn't influence Griez to make the video or enable it in anyway. He just made a comment, a harmless one at that.

He wasn't reveling in the misfortune of Barca. Just making a joke over a saga that created a lot of hysteria and theater. If they can't manage to sign players they promised to and let us succumb to these embarrassing public failures then I don't see how Umtiti making a tweet makes any difference. Far too small of an expression to draw any conclusions about his 'intent' or ulterior motives.

I never said he had any part in Griezmann's decision (which again in my opinion is totally rational, I don;t blame him at all). But making a joke over your own club's failure, and worse yet, watching your own club losing face and your own fans having melt-downs with some popcorns makes him a piece of shit in my opinion.

Of course we will agree to disagree.

Home of Barca Fans