Samuel Umtiti

Sorin

I have really big doubts about his knee going forward, but if by some miracle he heals that knee, I have no doubt that he is at least a class above Lenglet and should take his place. Alas, slim chances that happens and he has nobody but himself to blame.

Potroh

I have really big doubts about his knee going forward, but if by some miracle he heals that knee, I have no doubt that he is at least a class above Lenglet and should take his place. Alas, slim chances that happens and he has nobody but himself to blame.

He played really well today and there's no reason to think he was "finished" and utter bullshift like that.
He is most definitely a much better defender compared to Lenglet, so I see no reason not to get his post back the soonest.

Alas, injuries are part of the game, and none of us actually have a clue if his knee wasn't fine. Anyway recently he had a broken toe which is common, heals without reminiscence and I've seen dozens of great players returning from even more serious injuries, and even playing much better than before after a considerably long gap.

Sorin

He played really well today and there's no reason to think he was "finished" and utter bullshift like that.
He is most definitely a much better defender compared to Lenglet, so I see no reason not to get his post back the soonest.

Alas, injuries are part of the game, and none of us actually have a clue if his knee wasn't fine. Anyway recently he had a broken toe which is common, heals without reminiscence and I've seen dozens of great players returning from even more serious injuries, and even playing much better than before after a considerably long gap.

I didn't say he was finished but going by his last year where he couldn't stay fit and had some really questionable matches, I am reluctant about his ability to regain his previous form for us. I am a fan of his and even took his part when others said that Lenglet is better and that we won't miss Umtiti going forward. People really suffer from recency bias and often forget that Umtiti held the fort down in large parts in his first 2 years here and was a world champion with crucial contributions.

I really, really hope he is over his injuries so he would regain his place. Would make our defense a lot more solid.

Andresito

Staff member
Looked a bit awkward as a RCB but he seemed a lot more concentrated than when he last played. Improvement.

Jallo

Play out of position, looked pretty good given the circumstances. His right foot has really improved since the last time he played as a RCB. Will be back to greatness pretty soon.

I must have been watching a different game. French Yerry Mina was a massive liability out there, Tods is a far better option at this point.

Mark my words - we face a good opponent with Umtits and it will cost us.

cro-man

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="de"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"> [FCB] | MEDICAL NEWS | In the final part of the session on Tuesday at the Ciutat Esportiva, Samuel Umtiti picked up a bruised knee and so the French central defender misses the trip to take on Slavia Prague <a href="https://t.co/aAfstunuSF">pic.twitter.com/aAfstunuSF</a></p>— BarçaTimes (@BarcaTimes) <a href="https://twitter.com/BarcaTimes/status/1186626666443001856?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">22. Oktober 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

this guy is done

EdmondDantes

Yep.

"[Florent Torchut] Samuel Umtiti still struggling with left knee problems. He is out of the squad for the Barça game against Slavia Prague tomorrow, as he got a bruised knee this morning and feels uneasy. No risk taking from the club and an unknown downtime."

[tw]1186626222572355584[/tw]

Home of Barca Fans