Samuel Umtiti

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
So what up with him? He has a future still at Barca? Been playing well recently but hasn't really been tested yet.

His Barca career is over.

Yes, he was very good on the afternoon over all - I particularly liked his forward passes that helped unlock pressure & initiate attacks, he did it a number of times. However, he also had a massive brain fart when he gave a poor ball to Mingueza who fumbled it to allow Rigoni a 1v1. The match could've ended very differently had Mats not saved it

He was, however, not under much pressure as Elche more or less sat back against the CBs until they moved to halfway line

Messi983

Good performance, let's hope it will be enough to convince some club to take him off our hands. At least on loan until summer to free up some wages.

Won't hold my breath though.

serghei

Good performance, let's hope it will be enough to convince some club to take him off our hands. At least on loan until summer to free up some wages.

Won't hold my breath though.

Isn't he on huge wages? Someone with busted knees doesn't give up that easily on big wages. This is probably his last big contract, so he'll probably see it out.

Messi983

Isn't he on huge wages? Someone with busted knees doesn't give up that easily on big wages.

His wages would stay the same if he goes on loan. If we can find someone to pay 20-30% of his wages this would already be a good deal for me under current circumstances.

serghei

His wages would stay the same if he goes on loan. If we can find someone to pay 20-30% of his wages this would already be a good deal for me under current circumstances.

Yeah, Umtit out for Garcia would actually be a saving not extra expense on top of an improvement on the field. If we find some stupid team that would still give him a couple of millions a year (since his salary is approaching 10m net I think).

behindbrowneyes

He is said to be training twice a day – once with his teammates in the morning and again later in the evening with his own personal trainer as he looks to reach peak fitness in double quick time.

It is said that this rigorous fitness plan and new diet has seen him lose between three and four kilos, as he has intentionally lost muscle mass in order to ease the pressure on his joints and increase his mobility.

He needs to be tested against a better side than Elche. Lenglet is worrying me with eyes on PSG.

ronniecro

i can already see that we will bend over yet again and keep him for incoming seasons,all because of his incredible "determination"

Andresito

Staff member
Looks likely to start vs Athletic according to some media. Wouldn't mind it with Lenglet being the way he is.

Home of Barca Fans