Samuel Umtiti

gregorrin10

No chance I would sell him unless it was for 100+million. People are so quick to forget how good he is.

Exactly. He's still 25, that's a lifetime, especially for a CB. He still has his best years ahead of him. Of course his injury history is now a problem (hopefully his knees aren't becoming a chronic condition) but if anyone deserves a season or two to see if he can return to his past heights, it's Umtiti. Any team getting him now for under 80M would be daylight robbery. In this market he's worth just as much as Van Dijk. I really hope we're not that stupid just because Lenglet caught some great form. We need quality replacements, when injuries struck, not again some semi-retired players like Vermaelen and Mathieu. Umtiti-De Ligt can become the best CB partnership in the world. I suspect Pique might join the new presidental campaign (Font?) in 2021 anyway, so we need to keep Umtiti and get De Ligt as well.

Of course having a manager, who actually knows how to rotate and could handle 4 quality CBs in the team would help, but that's another thing entirely. But we CAN have all four great CBs for a season or two no problem, after that Pique will be gone anyway, and Todibo can become that 4th CB after. Until then, send him to Betis or some other La Liga club on loan (1 or even 2 year loan, depending on when Pique will decide to hang it up). But I don't see him playing past the age of 33, so a max. 2 year loan for Todibo should be more than sufficient.

Last edited:

EdmondDantes

Is it true that he's got the same condition that made Ledley King retire?

Or is he 100% recovered now?

If he's reliably healthy there's no way we will ever sell him.

BarçaBarça

I'm still a bit anxious about that injury. Let's hope he makes a comeback with some continues league games and everything turns out fine..

Messi983

With how well Pique-Lenglet partnership is working right now Umtiti should be given all the time he needs to fully recover and get back to match fitness. There is no need to rush him back. Play him in easier league games then let him have a full preseason and hope he can come back strong next year. But giving up on him would be stupid. As good as Lenglet has been so far Umtiti was probably the best CB in the world before his injury and we should see if he can come anywhere close to that level again before considering selling him.

Jombi

Why do people think we can simply sell a player who has hardly played because of a terrible injury?

He'll stay until he can prove that he can play a full season. We cant simply sell him.

Zidane82

Barcelona are willing to listen to offers in the summer for Samuel Umtiti (25). Barça are prepared to open the door to either Manchester City, Manchester United or Arsenal, given their own pursuit of Ajax central defender Matthijs De Ligt.

( via @TheSunFootball)

Home of Barca Fans