Samuel Umtiti

jairzinho

He's been getting wound up in matches a lot more recently. Probably still angry about the Espanyol incident; gets racially abused and nothing happens. Joke of a league in that regard.

Had a scrap in their box with Unai Nenez but nothing major really.

Messi got into it aswell with the referee of all persons. Was more concerned about Leo getting wound up than anyone else.

ASordidGod

Had a scrap in their box with Unai Nenez but nothing major really.

Messi got into it aswell with the referee of all persons. Was more concerned about Leo getting wound up than anyone else.

Yeah, it just surprised me because normally he's smiling, friendly. But a few games I've seen recently he's lost his temper. Got away with it this time, but clapping the ref as well? Needs to be careful.

Windhook

I'm not a troll I'm a realist

Sorry, mate, whining about a transfer which has 10% probability of happening doesn't make you a realist. Neymar left because of money and fame, it was a huge blow, but his personality hinted at such move. Umtiti on the other hand is low profile and has no aspirations of becoming GOAT.

Stop acting like you know what's going on behind the scenes in negotiations. Think about your reputation on this forum if Umtiti doesn't leave in the near future.

Sorry, mate, whining about a transfer which has 10% probability of happening doesn't make you a realist. Neymar left because of money and fame, it was a huge blow, but his personality hinted at such move. Umtiti on the other hand is low profile and has no aspirations of becoming GOAT.

Stop acting like you know what's going on behind the scenes in negotiations. Think about your reputation on this forum if Umtiti doesn't leave in the near future.

I never said he's leaving. But tell me why he isn't signing a contract extension to shit the media up then like De Bruyne did?

Windhook

I never said he's leaving. But tell me why he isn't signing a contract extension to shit the media up then like De Bruyne did?

Remember how long it took for Messi to sign a new contract? One cannot stop media from making up stories no matter what, it's all about clicks, ads and popularity and you know that most of the stuff on there is pure BS.

Remember how long it took for Messi to sign a new contract? One cannot stop media from making up stories no matter what, it's all about clicks, ads and popularity and you know that most of the stuff on there is pure BS.

Yeah and Messi seriously was considering a city move to reunite with pep until we gave him a mega contract.

Umtiti doesn't have the same loyalty to Barcelona Messi does at least I don't think he does as he wasn't an academy player

behindbrowneyes

Dude, Barcelona extended the contracts of Messi, Piqué and Sergi Roberto which means they already receive a higher salary than before (at least Messi and Sergi). They also bought Dembélé, Coutinho, Paulinho and Semedo while losing high earners in Neymar and Mascherano.

Umtiti will renew his contract, but he will do it in the next business year which will be in summer. This year's budget simply is exhausted.

Dude, Barcelona extended the contracts of Messi, Piqué and Sergi Roberto which means they already receive a higher salary than before (at least Messi and Sergi). They also bought Dembélé, Coutinho, Paulinho and Semedo while losing high earners in Neymar and Mascherano.

Umtiti will renew his contract, but he will do it in the next business year which will be in summer. This year's budget simply is exhausted.

I very much hope this is the case. But his performance this match worried me

Nothanks

I assume he is hoping to perform so well in the world cup that more clubs will come calling (not just Man U)
and he'll drive his wage demands so high for us... we'd be stupid not to give in because he is worth it but this type of shit is neymar / verrati level of scum as much as people want to like umtiti.

edit: also i don't believe for a minute that our budget is exhausted enough to not spare an extra 5-10 million per year on a player like Umtiti, and if that is true than that is even more laziness from our board.

Last edited:

El Flaco

Not only was Umtiti directly responsable for France's 2-3 loss vs. Colombia, but also lost that bet he had with Mina few days ago.

[tw]976105078351454208[/tw]

Colombia defender Yerry Mina will come face-to-face with three Barcelona teammates when his country takes on France this Friday at the Stade de France. Samuel Umtiti, Lucas Digne and Ousmane Dembele are all in Les Bleus squad.

Therefore, four Barça players could take part in the game and one of them, Umtiti, has given Mina a challenge.

Mina revealed that Umtiti told him Colombia would not beat France: "This is a battle. He told me that it was impossible for the Colombian national team to win in Europe!"

Karma is a bitch.

xXKonan

You seem unaware of the concept of karma. By the way, are you Dalitis on reddit? He made the exact same comment and reference just a few minutes ago on reddit/soccer
Nah Dalitis and a number of other Barca reddit users copy posts from here and paste it on reddit.

El Flaco

You seem unaware of the concept of karma. By the way, are you Dalitis on reddit? He made the exact same comment and reference just a few minutes ago on reddit/soccer

Nope. He must have copied my comment I guess...

Anyway, I'm just pointing out that Umtiti's comment backfired.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Don’t know what he was thinking with that tackle. Very unlike the Umtiti I know to be that reckless.

Home of Barca Fans