Samuel Umtiti

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Back towards the end of my football carrier, just playing the 61st game for my national team, I had received a hit like that, I thought I'd die on the spot... I'll never forget it. It is a horrible feeling, wanting to breath but you simply can't...

Which team?

Potroh

Good to have a player on-board :)

Well, thanks but that was a long time ago... But you might know how it goes with retired players, the older you are - there's more and more detail you remember of crucial games specially.
And injuries of course...
Once we played against the USSR and at 1:1, I missed an easy shot by 4 centimeters in the 87th minute. Believe it or not, there's no day since more than 30 years it still wouldn't haunt me...

R

reaper

Well, thanks but that was a long time ago... But you might know how it goes with retired players, the older you are - there's more and more detail you remember of crucial games specially.
Once we played against the USSR and at 1:1, I missed an easy shot by 4 centimeters in the 87th minute. Believe it or not, there's no day since more than 30 years it still wouldn't haunt me...

Nehru Gold Cup?

vlad

You missed a shoot against USSR? You are old :D

Just feel free to write something from your career, its already interesting :)

gasgas

You have been a professional football player?

Iti10

Wow Umtiti, what a player... he has confidence on the pitch and you can see it by the way he plays, and also the way he acts, he came to Aduriz in front of the players, the officials, the fans, at their ground, and said don't ever f*** with me again! I adore this guy like 5000 times than before, and take into account he is a new player in this league.

snowy

The throat is the most sensitive part of the body and a hit like that could be seriously dangerous

Think in some places, you immediately get handcuffed for a deep throat attack. :police:
it's banned in mma and the Octagon is no birdcage

Potroh

You have been a professional football player?

Well, yes. But being a "professional" was meant to be a very different thing behind the iron curtain 30 years ago...
We were privileged, traveled a lot (unlike the unprivileged actual folks who couldn't), had a good life but were hardly "paid" well compared to the present standards.
In the NT our dream was to end our carriers playing a few years somewhere in the "west", getting good $$$ and experience the "real" pro circumstances but it was allowed to a selected few only, even if we had offers. I was lucky, I played one year in France like that, but I was already too old to do anything remarkable...
I played 64 games in the NT of Hungary and after that had spent 9 years working as a coach. Though I wasn't too successful in that, I admit, that's why I left that venture relatively soon.

So yes, I used to be a pro but even at my tender age of 64 I go out every Thursday and we play with some old buddies for two hours or so... It's still fun...

Last edited:

dakt

So yes, I used to be a pro but even at my tender age of 64 I go out every Thursday and we play with some old buddies for two hours or so... It's still fun...

This is important. I too mostly enjoy my football every Friday. Sunk couple of calories by giving all I have on the pitch and later bring everything back with a beer or two. Happy to have you on board sir.

Well, yes. But being a "professional" was meant to be a very different thing behind the iron curtain 30 years ago...
We were privileged, traveled a lot (unlike the unprivileged actual folks who couldn't), had a good life but were hardly "paid" well compared to the present standards.
In the NT our dream was to end our carriers playing a few years somewhere in the "west", getting good $$$ and experience the "real" pro circumstances but it was allowed to a selected few only, even if we had offers. I was lucky, I played one year in France like that, but I was already too old to do anything remarkable...
I played 64 games in the NT of Hungary and after that had spent 9 years working as a coach. Though I wasn't too successful in that, I admit, that's why I left that venture relatively soon.

Where/when did you play in France if I may ask ? Feel free to share any trivia from your time man :cheers:

Home of Barca Fans