Samuel Umtiti

Trickykid

This is the stuff of nightmares. An unproven player from a crappy league, far from good enough for Barca! He is only good on youtube! We WANT MARQUINHOS!

Out of curiosity, Jombi. You've been harping on about crazy price inflations and how we're going to be shocked with the fees we'll pay for sub 25 year olds. If (and this is obviously a big if) the rumored 20-25M for a prospect like Umtiti is true, how does that fit with the narrative you're pushing?

JamDav1982

Out of curiosity, Jombi. You've been harping on about crazy price inflations and how we're going to be shocked with the fees we'll pay for sub 25 year olds. If (and this is obviously a big if) the rumored 20-25M for a prospect like Umtiti is true, how does that fit with the narrative you're pushing?

He wants Barca to sign Umtiti.

Said he is a bargain etc when other names being discussed.

Jombi

He'll be 30m euros I reckon. 25m would be on the low end IMO. Lots of people in here have been against us signing Umtiti (at least until we were linked with him!). I actually thought he would be 20m a few months ago before we were linked to him, but I think 30m is more realistic.

JamDav1982

You laughed at the idea of us signing Umtiti so the nightmare could be happening. :)

No I didnt 'laugh'.

Stop these constant lies ffs.

I said I rate Stones as a better player from what I have seen of two.

You rate Umtiti higher than Stones, Marquinhos etc. Lets see.

Jombi

No I didnt 'laugh'.

Stop these constant lies ffs.

I said I rate Stones as a better player from what I have seen of two.

You rate Umtiti higher than Stones, Marquinhos etc. Lets see.

You were incredibly dismissive of Umtiti, thats for sure. You ridiculed the idea, and refused to accept that he was good value. How can he be good enough for us when no EPL club is linked to him!!! They know all these players in France and Umtiti is nowhere near Barca quality. Well, the nightmare is happening. :D

JamDav1982

You were incredibly dismissive of Umtiti, thats for sure. How can he be good enough for us when no EPL club is linked to him!!! They know all these players in France and Umtiti is nowhere near Barca quality.

Again you are lying and making shit up. Constant theme.

Comparing two players is 'dismissive' if you prefer one over other by your logic.

Plenty EPL clubs have been linked to him anyway so try harder.

Jombi

Again you are lying and making shit up. Constant theme.

Comparing two players is 'dismissive' if you prefer one over other by your logic.

Plenty EPL clubs have been linked to him anyway so try harder.

Plenty of EPL clubs have not been linked to him when we discussed him.

You have mocked the idea of us signing Umtiti, ridiculed him as far from good enough and constantly used the argument that since EPL teams havent bought him, he isnt good enough for us, as they know all these French players.

Interlop

Rac1 is pretty reliable, I hope Umtiti is a Barca fan and pushes for a move for 20m, that would be ideal. Sign him and keep Masche, sell Vermaelen and buy Lemos or other guy and we're all set.
Btw, I heard he can play LB, is that right?

JamDav1982

Plenty of EPL clubs have not been linked to him when we discussed him.

You have mocked the idea of us signing Umtiti, ridiculed him as far from good enough and constantly used the argument that since EPL teams havent bought him, he isnt good enough for us, as they know all these French players.

Jeepers your lies are insane.

Where have I said any of those things?

Every single time you resort to just making things up.

Dont thinkI have ever commented any further on Umititi than from what I have seen I think Stones is a better player.

Last edited:

Trickykid

He'll be 30m euros I reckon. 25m would be on the low end IMO. Lots of people in here have been against us signing Umtiti (at least until we were linked with him!). I actually thought he would be 20m a few months ago before we were linked to him, but I think 30m is more realistic.

Still, in a market where you believe the record fee paid is about to be close to doubled, 30M for a French national team prospect like Umtiti seems crazy.

Jombi

Still, in a market where you believe the record fee paid is about to be close to doubled, 30M for a French national team prospect like Umtiti seems crazy.

People laughed at the idea of us signing Umtiti for 20m a few months ago before we were linked to him, so 30m which I think will be the price now is reasonable. Why is it crazy? Didnt you call him just a random no name youtube player as well? 30m would make him the most expensive defender from France by far btw.

JamDav1982

People laughed at the idea of us signing Umtiti for 20m a few months ago before we were linked to him, so 30m which I think will be the price now is reasonable. Why is it crazy? Didnt you call him just a random no name youtube player as well?

Barca have been linked to him for months and you quoted 20-25m after those links.

Dont let truth get in way of a good story though eh?

Home of Barca Fans