Samuel Umtiti

F

Flavia

He looked great. I won't be surprised if he becomes a starter this season already.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Confident and smooth on the ball. I think people underestimate how hard it'll be to break the Pique-Masch partnership though. Those two have proven and achieved so much over the years together and Masche is so important to Lucho as a leader that actually taking his spot in the pecking order will be no easy feat. I fully expect Umtiti to shit all over Mathieu's minutes within a few months though.

F

Flavia

I suppose we can try Pique - Umtiti and use Mascherano at DM to rest Busi more than last season.

Who rests Masch? :p

Many players were overplayed last season, Busi the most. But I wouldn't want to burn Masch either.

I have a feeling this is Masch's last season for us. He wants to play in Italy before coming back to Argentina, and I can really see him joining Alves at Juve next season.

xXKonan

Umtiti will overtake Mathieu rather quickly in the pecking order.

I feel really confident about Umtiti. He's the first young CB we have bought that either wasn't from La Masia or been converted into one (Masche) well technically he was 26 when we bought him, since 2009. We tried with guys like Chygrynskiy (Who was young at that time) and Henrique but they didn't work out.

But with Umtiti, theirs a good chance we hit the jackpot this time. add guys like Marlon and Tarin as well I think we finally have our young CB options sorted for years to come.

amircule

CphuTWrWAAEWJui.jpg:large

"Calm yo Umtitis, I am the new leader! "

gasgas

Excellent
Now time to displace Masche
After all he is heading to Juve next season and Umtiti is one for the next 10 years

God Serena

Masche is probably leaving after this season and Mathieu should be sold regardless after this season. Umtiti becoming our starting CB with Tarin and Marlon moving up would make our defense very solid.

BarçaBarça

It is always easy and a bit dangerous to say: "Now we are set for the next ten years", when a player is young and good. But he surely looks promising :)

psychotsek

Very promising performance. His calmness reminded me a little of King Eric. We need to stay calm though. Consistency is what makes a good player great.

Professor Chaos

I told You guys :umtitol:

He definitely should be a starter in Supercup along with Pique. Masche and Mathieu are not in good shape and made a lot of mistakes in preseason.

Home of Barca Fans