Samuel Umtiti

jamrock

Why would anyone want to leave, when they are on better ages here than they would get anywhere else.

Untimi's contract i can understand because at the time he had a bright future ahead of him, now he's just trying to milk it for the full lenght of the contract, before going somewhere else on less money.

From a purely business prospective you can't fault the guy.

Messi983

I think our best option is trying to loan him to Lyon covering around half of his wages. He probably knows he doesn't have a future here, he would still get his money and if he somehow stays healthy he could get his career back on track in a club he knows. In that case we might actually have chances to sell him next year (very wishful thinking I know).

Juninho and Rudi Garcia have recently both confirmed they would gladly have Umtiti back if he'd want to return but Lyon understandably can't afford to pay his full wages.

JerseyAddict

I think our best option is trying to loan him to Lyon covering around half of his wages. He probably knows he doesn't have a future here, he would still get his money and if he somehow stays healthy he could get his career back on track in a club he knows. In that case we might actually have chances to sell him next year (very wishful thinking I know).

Juninho and Rudi Garcia have recently both confirmed they would gladly have Umtiti back if he'd want to return but Lyon understandably can't afford to pay his full wages.

Agreed... loan him with at least 50% of wages... wtf.. he is useless here...

Vilarrubi

Lyon is trying to bring back Samuel Umtiti. This has been under consideration for several weeks, and has been initiated in last hours by the leaders of Lyon. @lequipe

Please. Umtiti + cash for Depay.

Messi983

Yes, if a player is loaned then his contract stays unchanged. Both clubs then need to agree what part of his wages will be paid by which club.

If he's sold then he agrees to new terms with a new club. Players usually don't accept a big pay cut when being sold to another club though and that's why we have problems to offload our players. If someone is paid 5m net here why would he go to a club who can't/won't pay him similar wages?

Gnidrologist

What if that player is shit and will never play here anymore anyway? Do most players prefer pocketing their paycheck and watch from the stands?

FinBarcelonafan

What if that player is shit and will never play here anymore anyway? Do most players prefer pocketing their paycheck and watch from the stands?

Umtiti will never get another as good contract as Barca gave him. Barcelona overpaid all their squad players.

Not to mention he might be done at top level. He will never walkaway from this much money.

Raketa10

So, when will he be ready to play? With only 3 CB's left in the squad now we need him. This season we officially have the worst defense ever. :facepalm:

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans