Samuel Umtiti

Taking into account his age (22), rumored price and versatility, I don't see how the transfer can fail.

If we get him, I expect him to prove to be a solid lb backup (which we don't have) and beat bartra, verm (if he stays) and eventually mathieu as CB choice.
Then he can improve with time, or stagnate and be sold at no loss.

Abi karma too.. black french LB/CB playing for Lyon :lol:

Some Ligue 1 fans call him overrated, others say he's one of the best defenders in the league and that people just like hating on Lyon... Would be nice if someone could give an actual valid rating.

There's no question that he's one of the best defenders in the league. That's not overrating him. 20m price tag is very reasonable. I expect Aulas would try to push it closer to 30 though. I've watched lyon about a dozen times this season.

Last edited:

Professor Chaos

I would be so happy if we will buy him. He will leave Mathieu, Vermaelen and Bartra far behind and fight for the place in the starting 11 with Mascherano. No doubt. Huge potential in this guy.

Lutece FC

He deserves a better team. Fuck english clubs. Fuck english football. They think France is their super-market.

Professor Chaos

Umtiti said some time ago for "Goal" that he prefers La Liga than Premier League. But he doesn't care if it will be Barca, Real or Atletico. We need to sign him fast before English clubs offer much more than €20M that Lyon wants for him.

xXKonan

According to the Le Parison, Lyon are likely to let Samuel Umtiti leave with Barcelona, Roma and West Ham all interested.

Andrew M

He deserves a better team. Fuck english clubs. Fuck english football. They think France is their super-market.

It's funny as over here people always deride Ligue 1 as a mickey mouse competition yet constantly plunder the league for its talent. Such hubris in the Premier League makes me sick.

Lutece FC

It's funny as over here people always deride Ligue 1 as a mickey mouse competition yet constantly plunder the league for its talent. Such hubris in the Premier League makes me sick.

It's just a question of money. English clubs don't know how to train and grow up a talent ... Look Leicester : no one was train in their academy ... It's more easy to have a lot of money and plunder his neighbor especially who have great academies like France but no money (except for Paris ...)

Juventus do the same thing : they already took Coman for free and try last weeks to do the same thing with another parisan talent : Ikone... UEFA did nothing to stop this plunder... they don't protect clubs who invests in an academy.

Home of Barca Fans