Samuel Umtiti

behindbrowneyes

Just look how good he used to be:
[youtube]g2Wr3NtZERA[/youtube]

Athletic, fast, winning almost every header. Great anticipation and aggressive defending. Very good ball control and passing with vision.

Look at him now. He literally runs with one knee.

Jallo

Today he he put in one of his best performances in a long time. His pass to Messi for the assist was something special. I know he basically has no knees but I don’t like when he just gives the attack all kinds of space.

Richard.H

Even with no knees he is still a pretty good CB. People are just way too harsh on him in this forum. Cut it out lads.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Yeah, but he's not worth keeping because he's unreliable. Might be gone for weeks if not months at anytime.

vuji_31

He was decent. More reliable then Lenglet .
What is with his knee? I know that he was injured for long time ago, but isnt that behind him?

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Whatever. We maybe should have offloaded him years ago - but we didn't and now he plays more than ok and we have other parts of the team that needs strengthening. Against Napoli he was very good imo, one of our best players :)

Andresito

Staff member
He's not bad, about the same level as Lenglet. Unfortunately I don't think either one of them will improve much. I highly doubt Umtiti will reach his peak again.

Both of them are great 3rd CB's, able to come in and cover without too many issues. But they aren't reliable enough to be starters for a CL aspiring team.

mc_lovin

Umtiti looked pretty good in every match he played this season, but I cant bring myself to trust him anymore. Something just seems off.

Home of Barca Fans