Samuel Umtiti

Havesaks

He looks more and more the old Umtiti. I'm starting to get my hopes up that he finally is back. Still a far cry from his peak, but if he keeps it up, lenglet may lose his spot. Way more aggressive in tackles and also tried to make his signature raids.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I think he still needs more game time to reach CL form... Made plenty of mistakes tonight, but still managed to do his job, hopefully he keeps improving...

Havesaks

Same player, worse version. Great anticipation which players like lenglet and pique don't have. Still lacking in his positional play considering his speed. His speed is to slow. Not good enough to play vs top CL teams yet. Hope he will get there. On the positive side, he was almost completely written off and we have now a decent CB with potential to be WC again. Also he does look to get more comfortable on the pitch, is improving and that is reasonable considering his severe injuries and set-backs.

Still made at him since he almost since day 1 has been shitting on this club with the United social media tactic and the wc incident followed up by the non-surgery treatment.

Sorin

Contrary to popular belief, he was one of the main reasons why we had a good defence in Valverde's first year. You can see the difference in our defensive level before and after his botched injury rehab. That defensive solidity was more on the players than Valverde's tactical masterclass or anything of that sort and Umtiti was a large part of that.

Havesaks

I think if he can keep it up and progress a bit more his market value would be close to 40m. If he hits his former level 80-100m.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
To his defense, he hasn't played in ages, but in true Valverde fashion he decides to play him against strong opposition without match fitness... Still crap, though...

Home of Barca Fans