Samuel Umtiti

El Flaco

Umtiti's contract won't expire until 2023 & is probably one of the highest earners in our squad. Umtiti himself said he isn't interested to leave the club, so he don't mind not playing as long as he gets his money on weekly basis.

Umtiti's contract won't expire until 2023 & is probably one of the highest earners in our squad. Umtiti himself said he isn't interested to leave the club, so he don't mind not playing as long as he gets his money on weekly basis.

With all due respect, Sir Moderator, I think you need to change your profile picture now. Comparing Umtiti to Puyol anymore is insulting to our great captain.

Leo_Messi

Not sure about him being right up there with the highest earners but what is certain is that we did not spend a lot of money to buy him so the board can more easily afford to freeze him out (worst case scenario) if he insists to stay while being permanently crooked. This might sound harsh but it should not really be. We have been (as a club) far too weak in dealing with such individuals. A lot to learn from RM on this front. It is not always pretty in their case but they rarely tolerate mediocrity as a consequence and are much more pro-active. Can't see our useless board, in case it was governing RM, surviving this long at RM.

Umtiti has looked pathetically bad ever since the World Cup and I don't see it ever changing with him getting older and his knee being messed up. Those constant small injuries won't get any better most likely.

So if he wants to waste 3 years of football, being a permanent 4th or 5th choice or not even making the squad, let him do that in theory but in reality, I don't think he would settle for such a thing. If even Arda got the message, a guy like Umtiti will as well.

Hell, maybe some club will take a gamble with him so we won't be forced to give him up for free next summer?

Last edited:

xXKonan

Think we are at least fortunate enough that we have Lenglet and a young Todibo as options even if both aren't perfect right now.

Imagine going into this season with Umtiti being such a crucial piece and the options we had weren't good enough. would have been a disaster.

xXKonan

I'm still amazed that the club tried to give PSG Todibo away in order to get Neymar back which would have left us with only three CBs with Umtiti as you can see is a ticking time bomb and sure enough he got injured for 5-6 weeks.

Might as well convert Firpo into an LCB if needed while Todibo is Pique's backup.

I'm still amazed that the club tried to give PSG Todibo away in order to get Neymar back which would have left us with only three CBs with Umtiti as you can see is a ticking time bomb and sure enough he got injured for 5-6 weeks.

Might as well convert Firpo into an LCB if needed while Todibo is Pique's backup.

do you think Semedo at RCB could work with Sergi/Wague going to right back if we have to?

xXKonan

do you think Semedo at RCB could work with Sergi/Wague going to right back if we have to?
I think it's possible, he has the pace and his 1v1 defending abilities are some of his strong points and he just needs to learn how to position himself. Digne looked pretty good as an LCB when he got the chance as well.

But I'd only do it unless shit really hits the fan. With Firpo, It makes a lot more sense for him to be an LCB backup. He's tall, physically gifted and good on the ball himself.

Samuel Umtiti's house was robbed by four hooded men during Barcelona's game with Valencia yesterday. The thieves accessed the Frenchman's place by forcing the door. The Mossos d'Esquadra are investigating the theft. [la vanguardia]

If I speak, I am in big trouble

snowy

Footballers are just stupid.

He should ask Evalv 2.0 to set-up a high security defense perimeter with Plasma, Sonic and Smoke mines :mathieu::jack:

If they somehow get passed the laser beams, he'll wait for them in the main herbarium in full combat attire for the BIG BOSS FIGHT

LMTR14

again? well I recently saw a documentary about illegal street vendors in barcelona (forgot which african country they came from, but it's a huge problem apparently, esp. for shops selling legal products), so I'm not surprised crime rate is high

serghei

Man how this player went bad for us, like bam, in two years from one of the best CBs in the world to nearly done as a footballer. Never was too smart sadly.

Home of Barca Fans