Samuel Umtiti

malvolio

He appears in the promo for the new Puma - La Liga partnership. Also Griezmann is in it.

Does that mean both will be here for the new Liga season? Umtiti stays and Griezmann to Barça confirmed?

abbbs97

I have a feeling that he will be having problems with his knee again as soon as the season starts. I would have sold him and gotten de Ligt not only because of his knee is gone but his attitude was bad especially when he was pushing for a new contract and him refusing to do surgery. We’ll regret not selling him now.

Andresito

Staff member
We tried everything to buy de Ligt. He didn't want to come at this stage in his career.

We didn't try everything. For example we didn't match the other clubs' offers, and rightly so.

He isn't 100% needed at the moment, that's why we don't have to make a 100% effort to sign him.

abbbs97

I think we did match their offers, its just that we weren't willing to match Juve's salary of 24m, which is completely understandable.

Zidane82

?? He is world-class, when best, and it seems like De Ligt went for the money.
Selling him now would be madness!

He’s crocked !!

He’s refused all treatments offered for the knee damage apparently..
Ive read things written by a few guys with the same issue as Umtiti and they said it was a career ending problem ..

EdmondDantes

He’s crocked !!

He’s refused all treatments offered for the knee damage apparently..
Ive read things written by a few guys with the same issue as Umtiti and they said it was a career ending problem ..

Ledley King was another top class CB who had to deal with a similar issue. The difference is, he developed this chronic type of injury in his latter years, unlike Umtiti.

I can see why the board are willing to cash in on him.

booge

can't believe the crap this guy has been getting. i thought he's been brilliant. id still choose him over langlet.

semedo, pique, umititi , alba

the problem is midfield .

Zidane82

can't believe the crap this guy has been getting. i thought he's been brilliant. id still choose him over langlet.

semedo, pique, umititi , alba

the problem is midfield .
He’s got a career threatening/damaging injury but has REFUSED the suggested treatments..

clemente

I don't get his situation, he cannot be at 100% again and will just run his knees down and end his carreer early? Why we even need him then? Why doesn't he just address everything about his injury on some twitter post.

Home of Barca Fans