Samuel Umtiti

xXKonan

He won't be sold.

If he ends up getting his original form back and stays injury free. He will get his starting spot back no doubt. As good as Lenglet is, I have a feeling Valverde rates Umtiti higher than him.

Barcilliant

He won't be sold.

If he ends up getting his original form back and stays injury free. He will get his starting spot back no doubt. As good as Lenglet is, I have a feeling Valverde rates Umtiti higher than him.

If Utd come in with an 80 million plus offer and we secure De Ligt he might be sold. IMO Umtiti at his best will always be better then our other CBS.

Messi983

He won't be sold.

And he should. Pre-injury Umtiti was arguably the best CB in the world. I really like Lenglet but if Big Sam can get anywhere close to that form again he should be a starter.

Zidane82

And he should. Pre-injury Umtiti was arguably the best CB in the world. I really like Lenglet but if Big Sam can get anywhere close to that form again he should be a starter.

He did have a purple patch for sure but I’d actually argue that was quite a while ago ..

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I have read reports that we are seeking to sell him for 50m. In my opinion this is not a prudent move at all, even if we get De Ligt. If injuries are not a concern, I don’t see why we should sell him, he is still a very good CB. De Ligt should be seen as Pique’s long-term replacement, not someone who will replace Umtiti.

Alik

I have read reports that we are seeking to sell him for 50m. In my opinion this is not a prudent move at all, even if we get De Ligt. If injuries are not a concern, I don’t see why we should sell him, he is still a very good CB. De Ligt should be seen as Pique’s long-term replacement, not someone who will replace Umtiti.

Injuries are a concern.

Arizona Scott

Injuries are a concern.

No, no and no, his long term orthopedic health is a concern.

In all seriousness though, would someone judge his pace and quickness vs De Ligt, and how does Lenglet compare as well? I don't think two average-ish mobility pair is ideal. When you had a prime Puyol or Mascherano they had really quick bursts/1st reaction speed (not sure top end speed but less critical).

Arizona Scott

Injuries are a concern.

In all seriousness though, would someone judge his pace and quickness vs De Ligt, and how does Lenglet compare as well? I don't think two average-ish mobility pair is ideal. When you had a prime Puyol or Mascherano they had really quick bursts/1st reaction speed (not sure top end speed but less critical).

Messigician

Lenglet and Umtiti are pretty fast for Cbs. De Ligt is average.

Home of Barca Fans