Samuel Umtiti

Alik

Saw on reddit he's close to Barcelona return, according to Valverde. Says he expects him to start training with the team in a few weeks.

So no surgery? Let's hope he is fine now. Would be great news if true.

serghei

Lol, we're gonna terminate his knee for good at this rate. Either he needs surgery or not. Stop with the half-measures, do it right ffs.

Arizona Scott

Lol, we're gonna terminate his knee for good at this rate. Either he needs surgery or not. Stop with the half-measures, do it right ffs.

Have you bothered to read where it is unclear if surgery has a benefit?

Let him give it a go the next 4 months. Surgery if it just too painful for him to be effective, done right when the season is over. Or better yet just be patient while the drs, player and club look at all angles.

Messigician

I too dislike needles and being put to sleep always that risk you'll never wake up.

Good on Umtiti for sticking to his guns

Devils

The club could at least provide some concrete info on him, surely they would know something on his status.

We've received nothing.

Raketa10

I honestly can't understand why is he waiting with surgery for so long?! It looks like conservative therapy isn't working at all.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I suspect they're trying to get him back for the CL. Will probably opt for a surgery after the season ends.

Nothanks

i don't know how some of you think surgery is very simple.

if he is out for 12 months and recovers naturally it's better then him having surgery and recovering in 6 months
surgery has more chance of future problems.

Raketa10

i don't know how some of you think surgery is very simple.

if he is out for 12 months and recovers naturally it's better then him having surgery and recovering in 6 months
surgery has more chance of future problems.

Bullshit. You are in no position to say that. Some things are better to operate and some can't even recover naturally, you may even aggravate injury with postponing the surgery.

Last edited:

Raketa10

care to elaborate?

First of all nobody actually knows his condition so we can only guess. Look I had a serious injury and I waited and postponed my surgery for too long so I know a thing or two about "waiting for too long". I am not saying it's even similar to the case of Umtiti I am just saying that no one can say "waiting to cure naturally" is better solution for sure.

Home of Barca Fans