Samuel Umtiti

FCBfan22

I seriously hope that EEEEEEEEEErnie eases him back in the match rythm when he returns.

But we all know what will happen... Directly into starting lineup for full 90.

Vilarrubi

Is there any rough estimate on when he will be back playing ?

We need him for CL.. before his knee problems he was one of our best players by far.

Messigician

Is he even getting any treatment beyond rest? Feels like a holiday more than antrhing if he's not having surgery.

Sounds like Dr should be alright with sunshine, juice and rest is treating hin.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Is he even getting any treatment beyond rest? Feels like a holiday more than antrhing if he's not having surgery.

Sounds like Dr should be alright with sunshine, juice and rest is treating hin.

Sometimes it is better to treat knee-joint injuries without a surgery. He's getting the conservative treatment. Physical therapy, some exercises, special nutrition, nothing fancy. If the treatment fails he will get the surgery.

xXKonan

According to Sport, He's improved his condition a bit in Qatar but still has some discomfort in his left knee still. And if his condition doesn't improve he will have surgery in January.

namaria

According to Sport, He's improved his condition a bit in Qatar but still has some discomfort in his left knee still. And if his condition doesn't improve he will have surgery in January.
Umtiti is young and this knee cartilage problem is not usual in players as young as him. There are parts of loose cartilage, something that forced Carles Puyol to retire.

Some Barcelona staff think that Umtiti has let time get away from him and if he had been operated on after the Russia World Cup then he would be ready to come back now.
according to Sport

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Can pretty much write-off his season.

It's clear that conservative treatment is not working as well as hoped.

namaria

Can pretty much write-off his season.

It's clear that conservative treatment is not working as well as hoped.
I am wondering why they waited too long as it is well said, if he went on treatment - surgery after world cup, we could have him for crucial part of the season, from january 2019. We already got Lenglet in the summer.. i just hope so, he can recover from because he is young..

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I am wondering why they waited too long as it is well said, if he went on treatment - surgery after world cup, we could have him for crucial part of the season, from january 2019. We already got Lenglet in the summer.. i just hope so, he can recover from because he is young..

According to the article even a surgery isn't necessarily a guarantee that it'll be successful.

He's had this problem a while and both Umtiti and the club are culpable in letting him play through it making it worse.

Zidane82

So he's been playing carrying an injury ... So when I was being slaughtered for daring to suggest that his performances of late ( quite a while actually ) had been under par - in actual fact - they were JUSTIFIED !!

Barcilliant

I am pretty sure he going to end up like Milito which is a damn shame cause a fit and in form Umtiti is top 3cb in the world. He was a beast pre injury.

Messigician

Worry over Samuel Umtiti's knee injury increasing

The Frenchman has a problem that is rare for players of his age

The recommendation from some was that Umtiti should take surgery. He had some pains since May last season.

Umtiti is young and this knee cartilage problem is not usual in players as young as him. There are parts of loose cartilage, something that forced Carles Puyol to retire.

Some Barcelona staff think that Umtiti has let time get away from him and if he had been operated on after the Russia World Cup then he would be ready to come back now.

Work in the gym - strengthening quads and other muscles nearby - is insufficient and taking on the regeneration of cartilage is complicated.

Umtiti has had various therapies. There is worry and optimism about him. Treatments have worked before to prolong the life of the knee and that is important when we’re talking about an elite footballer who is only 25.

tacticvarium

[tw]1077178546399920129[/tw]

To be honest, his career as a world-class CB seems over and he has to be sold this or next summer before it becomes too late to sell him.

Home of Barca Fans