Samuel Umtiti

xXKonan

Apparently, he will be available after the International break in November.

Hope Valverde doesn't quickly shove him back in the XI. Don't need him being rushed back and him potentially getting injured again.

soul24rage

The game I see him starting would be the 2nd leg vs cultural leonesa as we have vs atletico, vs psv and vs villareal after the international break. With an injury like his, I would bring him slowly. plus lenglet has been playing well recently.

Andresito

Staff member
When he's back Valverde should have a rolling schedule where none of the CBs play more than two games in a row.

Lenglet - Piqué
Umtiti - Piqué
Umtiti - Lenglet
and so on.

Lately it's been hard to choose our best centre back.
I'd probably say Lenglet, although Piqué has been good as well.
And we all know Umtiti's highest level.

Valverde's going to have luxurious problems.

xXKonan

Think it has more to do with the fact how Pique is back on track at least and Lenglet doing very well in Umtiti's absence.

But great to see Umtiti back though and I hope he stays uninjured.

Porque

Lenglet has been doing so well that we kind of forgot how good Umtiti is. I hope though that unlike in the similar situation last year with Vermaelen, that Valverde has Umtiti earn his way back into the 11. With his knee issues this past 14 months it is also better long term that we do not have to rush Umtiti back in.

xXKonan

Needs to handle himself better against Costa like characters.

He's letting them get under his skin at times.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Got burned a couple of times, but was his first game back after a lengthy injury lay-off.

Home of Barca Fans