Samuel Umtiti

RMU ReBorn

varane >Umtiti . Sam might or might not become better . But it's not even a debate now. 4 Cl's , a world cup , a league title and was decisive as well

Joan

Judging young player based on trophies is pointless. Varane has been with the best club in the world since 2011., Umtiti been with us for 2 seasons. Going by trophies won, Varane is better than many all-time greats.

Not saying he isn't better than Sam, but parameters are wrong.

RMU ReBorn

Judging young player based on trophies is pointless. Varane has been with the best club in the world since 2011., Umtiti been with us for 2 seasons. Going by trophies won, Varane is better than many all-time greats.

Not saying he isn't better than Sam, but parameters are wrong.
Varane wasn't a passenger in that Rm squad . I am not judging him based on trophys . He was crucial in all those title wins. with Ramos and his madness he brought in that sense of calmness needed in big games . I have seen him defend like crazy in big matches . And it's not even a debate on who has been the best defender in this world cup

jamrock

I drive a very nice car, you know what that means I'm better than everyone who doesn't.

Or am I just more successful

Or do some people not understand the difference

Joan

Varane wasn't a passenger in that Rm squad . I am not judging him based on trophys . He was crucial in all those title wins. with Ramos and his madness he brought in that sense of calmness needed in big games . I have seen him defend like crazy in big matches . And it's not even a debate on who has been the best defender in this world cup
Never said he was a passanger. Heck, neither did I claim he's not a better defender (although I believe it).

You come here, say 'It's not even debatable' and count his trophies.

It's not a debate who was the best defender this WC.

RMU ReBorn

Never said he was a passanger. Heck, neither did I claim he's not a better defender (although I believe it).

You come here, say 'It's not even debatable' and count his trophies.

It's not a debate who was the best defender this WC.
Na i didn't meant to compare them with number of Cl wins . what i meant was Varane was crucial in those Cl wins which makes him undisputed no 1 in that french team . Any way it's my mistake that i didn't conveyed it properly . Sorry for my English .

xXKonan

Using trophies as some sort of benchmark to prove one player is better than the other is laughable.

Pinto won pretty much everything there is to win at a club level which includes a treble. does that mean he's a better Goalkeeper than the likes of David De Gea?

Joan

Na i didn't meant to compare them with number of Cl wins . what i meant was Varane was crucial in those Cl wins which makes him undisputed no 1 in that french team . Any way it's my mistake that i didn't conveyed it properly . Sorry for my English .

He is, no doubt, an undisputed number one this tournament.

I was arguing my impressions. Sorry if sounded harsh at times.

Joan

Using trophies as some sort of benchmark to prove one player is better than the other is laughable.

Pinto won pretty much everything there is to win at a club level which includes a treble. does that mean he's a better Goalkeeper than the likes of David De Gea?

Going by the WC performances... it's not impossible. :p

but agree with your point

RMU ReBorn

Pinto was a bench plauer . Varane was their fucking starter at 22

xXKonan

Going by the WC performances... it's not impossible. :p

but agree with your point
Pinto was no doubt a good GK during his prime, hell he even won the Zamora in 2006 with Celta. But in terms of pure talent? it's not even a contest between the two despite De Gea's horrible WC.

Joan

Pinto was no doubt a good GK during his prime, hell he even won the Zamora in 2006 with Celta. But in terms of pure talent? it's not even a contest between the two despite De Gea's horrible WC.

:lol: Of course it's not. It was a joke.

Home of Barca Fans