Samuel Umtiti

jamrock

the only thing I don't like about fans on here is how easily there views change from game to game.

The man is still a Class defender, I never said he was the best like some here but he is up there.

But I also have said & maintained if he is looking for some much money now then he needs to gtfoh.

We need a stricter wage structure.

Jombi

You can fuck off from the club if you're only here for the money, you're easily replaceable.

As usual, we give our signings these stupidly low release clauses, but thats our fault. Players can demand a lot of money when other clubs can easily pay our players' release clauses and a big wage.

How is Umtiti easily replaceable? He's been incredible and easily one of the best CBs in the world for a long time now. He's one of the few relatively young world class players we have now that Neymar is gone. Our midfield is aging fast, Messi and Suarez as well. Pique 31 years old. We need Umtiti. Dont mention 18 year old Dutch league De Ligt as easily able to replace Umtiti please.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

He's been incredible and easily one of the best CBs in the world for a long time now.

2 seasons isn't long time by any mean, less than 2 years he needed like 6 injuries to get into France squad.
He isn't easily replaceable, we can agree with that. But there is a concern about a player who lose his form that quickly after just establishing himself.

Jombi

2 seasons isn't long time by any mean, less than 2 years he needed like 6 injuries to get into France squad.
He isn't easily replaceable, we can agree with that. But there is a concern about a player who lose his form that quickly after just establishing himself.

Umtiti needing 6 injuries to get into France squad says more about Deschamps than Umtiti to be honest. Probably not a coincidence that he also had signed for Barca by that time. Players tend to get called up once they join a big team. Umtiti's performance for us has been amazing. Hardly a concern that a player has a few bad games once in a while. We cant just pretend we would be better off kicking him out and replace him with someone who never makes mistakes or loses his form. I know we are upset that our players take advantage of our ridiculous release clauses, but lets not kid ourselves, Umtiti has been amazing for us.

Last edited:

BigBarcaBoy

Utterly ridiculous overreactions as normal, a few bad games and now he is totally useless despite outstanding for most of the season, de ligt is still a kid. Umtiti certainly wasn't the worse player on tuesday

JamDav1982

He has been shit recently and looked like both Roma and Sevilla targeted him and Alba.

Awful time of season to start asking for a renewal.

Good player but if he wants top money he can go.

FCBfan22

Fucking Semedo has been better defensively than him. Incredible how he has fallen off. He needs to get his head straight stop thinking about money and concentrate on the game.

Jombi

Utterly ridiculous overreactions as normal, a few bad games and now he is totally useless despite outstanding for most of the season, de ligt is still a kid. Umtiti certainly wasn't the worse player on tuesday

Yeah, these are just knee jerk reactions with no sense at all, its all emotional. Getting rid of Umtiti, one of the very few world class youngish players we have, when the whole defense and midfield (and team) was garbage is hardly sensible. Its madness. Umtiti is one of those we should build our future around, not kick out when we already have an aging problem with Pique, Busi, Messi, Iniesta and Suarez.

Last edited:

xXKonan

He's talented no doubt but right now he's not great form like due to the contract BS.

Should just play Verm at LCB right now until Umtiti gets his shit together.

Pepe Silvia

Not going to lie, I have NEVER rated him. Only game I have actually seen him pay well in a Barca jersey was the return leg against PSG.
If you take time to watch his play very closely, you'd notice he has very poor decision making skills, and always get caught ball watching.
...are you drunk?!

FCBfan22

Not going to lie, I have NEVER rated him. Only game I have actually seen him pay well in a Barca jersey was the return leg against PSG.
If you take time to watch his play very closely, you'd notice he has very poor decision making skills, and always get caught ball watching.

Cmon. He was our second or third best player until his injury. Then his head was turned and his form turned to shit.

I would take August-December Umtiti over every CB. But considering his form now, he can go.

Nothanks

lol people change their minds so easily with players
he is good enough to be a barca player, it's unfortunate he lost his amazing form in the worst part of the season
i don't think we should reward him for the bad form and if the rumor is true we are handling it very well with not giving into his high demands and stalling contract negotiations
but no he isn't bad, and that guy saying he never rated him lol sure..

he needs to improve but he is also very young.
we need to figure out the tactics first not players in my opinion

FCBfan22

lol people change their minds so easily with players
he is good enough to be a barca player, it's unfortunate he lost his amazing form in the worst part of the season
i don't think we should reward him for the bad form and if the rumor is true we are handling it very well with not giving into his high demands and stalling contract negotiations
but no he isn't bad, and that guy saying he never rated him lol sure..

he needs to improve but he is also very young.
we need to figure out the tactics first not players in my opinion

And rotations. Why do he and Pique play every game, while you have one excellent (Vermaelen) and one decent (Mina) CB on the bench? Same with DM's. Play Raki in DM and rest Busi in lesser games.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
To me it seems like he let the external stuff (wage raise demands) overtake his mind and that resulted in his terrible form as of late. I am questioning his commitment to the club atm.

Home of Barca Fans